Droid X & Body GloveAccessories

1. SBacklin

SBacklin Well-Known Member

I've noticed something strange. If you look at the back of the Droid X on pic #1 you will see a picture of the back of the Droid X with the Body Glove on. Now look at the back of the Droid X on pic #2. Do you see the differences? Pic #1 shows the Droid X having a long (what looks like a speaker hole) with a circle thing on the right side. The Body Glove fits around that. Now, in pic #2, it shows only a short speaker hole with a tiny hole below that. However, the Body Glove's cutouts still have it cut out the from the long speaker hole with the circle thing on the right side. Was there a hardware refresh or something??

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. SBacklin

I changed it a bit so its easier to understand what I was talking about. Any input anybody?
  3. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

All of the dx's I've seen have the second one with the wider speaker cutout above a smaller round speaker hole. The body glove I bought has the cutouts to match this setup.
  4. SBacklin

I wonder why there is the differences on some devices. That is strange.
  5. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Apparently prototype pictures of DX had additional speaker or something like that in the back of the phone, and a number of vendors jumped in to make pre-release cases based on that prototype picture. That's why you see that extra opening. Other "cheaper" vendors waited for release and corrected it. The cases I got from eBay don't have this problem ;)

Here is that prototype picture
    [​IMG]
    bostoniansurvivor likes this.
  6. SBacklin

Thanks Twister for sharing that. That would explain it. Lol.