Droid X Bootloader 30.04 and version 2.3.151

Last Updated:

1. c_aus

c_aus Disabled This Topic's Starter

Did I miss something? Last I saw, the bootloader version for the DX was 30.03 and the OTA version was 2.3.15. I received a like new replacement today that I am planning to send back, but since I rooted it first thing I decided to sbf back to stock. But I immediately noticed that the bootloader version was 30.04 and then looked at the system version in About Phone and saw that it is 2.3.151. See the attached picture for detail. My original DX is on the left and the replacement on the right.

I'd really like to send the one on the right back, but may not be able to since I'm a little nervous about sbf-ing an older version. Anybody have any thoughts?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Well-Known Member

Hmmm...
    I'm expecting a CLN replacement for my wife's X tomorrow. We'll see.. Could this be the rumored update?? Bootloader updates make me nervous.

3. mezdup

mezdup Well-Known Member

interesting.

it could just be a typo. i know that line can be changed with ROMs. i'm currently still on the 2.3.9 leak but, running Apex v1.0, my phone info says 2.3.15.

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that they would send you a phone with a typo in the build.prop.

5. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

I have the same system version on my replacement dx

6. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Perhaps they've extended it to 2.3.151 because the update will in fact change it to 2.3.152?

I find it hard to believe they would have the update all worked out and ready to go and shipping, but not rolled out to the masses yet?

7. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

I received my replacement the other day as well and can verify that the bootloader is now 30.04. That said, I was able to root quickly and load ApeX in minutes.... :D

8. dmiller2007

Perhaps this is some sort of soft rollout and they're checking the feedback and any possible returns?

9. c_aus

I was able to root and load ApeX with no problems whatsoever, it's just when I played with the phone more I noticed the issues it had. Fortunately, I was able to remove bootstrapper, root and do a factory restore that got it back to about as close to stock as I could.

10. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure root isn't the main concern. It would be using the SBF if they have changed the key like they did with the bootloader update when the offical OTA went from 2.1 to 2.2. But I could be way off.... it is still early and I am only half way though my coffee.

11. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

This would be my concern as well. Has anyone that has one of these replacement DXs actually used an sbf successfully?

12. dmiller2007

I haven't tried but I have a replacement dx that I'm sending back monday. I could try flashing the sbf on it as a dummy model. Would they be able to tell I voided my warranty if it bricks it?

13. c_aus

That is my worry, I wanted to just sbf to make the unrooting/stock process easier before I returned it. But hearing all the stories of trying to go back to 2.1 after updating to 2.2 made me unwilling to take the risk.

14. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

it makes me think the Moto Bastards changed the keys again to render the new sbf worthless again. Makes me glad I own a SF now I still own an X but if Moto is going to change keys every time we make an advancement hacking it then I'm diffidently going to sell it.

BTW isn't this the update TBH is about to release? Maybe they know what will happen if you sbf it.

15. eulerphi8

eulerphi8 Well-Known Member

I just got my replacement X today and can confirm that it is indeed running 2.3.151 with 30.04 bootloader. It looks like they're rolling them out early for the replacement X's. But strangely this isn't the rumored 2.2.1 update since it's still running Android 2.2.

I honestly think that Moto has changed the keys again, or else why would they preload the replacement X's with software that isn't officially out (unless there's actually major bug fixes in this update). Also I'm not even sure if this update will ever be officially released considering 2.2.1 is supposed to be right around the corner. Maybe the whole point of this release is to change the keys so that there's less phones out there that can use the SBF.

I rooted it and installed rubiX 1.6 on it fine though. The only difference I've noticed is that they bumped up the lowest speed slot to 350MHz at 33V. Wasn't it at 300MHz before?

16. mfinlay04

mfinlay04 New Member

Happy to say I took thedive since is was returning a refurb droid x today I sbf with the latest leak and all went well. The phone booted up normal although the build number is. 15 not. 151. Obviously but its" safe" to sbf these replacement phone as of 10/24/2010 rebuild date andsince my 10/30/2010 has the same bootloader and build number I would feel safe assuming I could sbf this one if I needed to

hyperlite and eulerphi8 like this.
  17. eulerphi8

Wow that's great news! Thanks for trying it out. Could you check on your bootloader version? The 2.2 SBF doesn't touch it I think so I'm guessing it's still 30.04.

18. markhamr

markhamr Well-Known Member

Wait...so you used the sbf on a regular 2.3.15 phone with the 30.03 bootloader or the new 2.3.151 with the 30.04 bootloader?

19. xlch59

xlch59 Member

I wonder if this is how they tell a refurbished from a new phone. My wife got a new Droid X today and it is 30.3 2.3.15

20. markhamr

markhamr Well-Known Member

I bet the refurb'd phones were prolly just refreshed sooner and got the more recent update, whereas the new phone was probably manufactured earlier and may have sat on a shelf for a while

21. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

How do you find the bootloader on the phone? I have never seen that number. Just curious now.

22. c_aus

Power off the phone, then hold the volume down and camera keys, then power on. Hold everything for a couple seconds and then release.

CruelSun likes this.
  23. eulerphi8

SBF'd my replacement X too. Worked fine, now I have a 2.3.15 system with 30.04 bootloader.

CruelSun and c_aus like this.
  24. wahoobie

wahoobie Member

What SBF did you use? Is there a 2.3.15 out there?? Please and thank you!

...wait, nevermind. I thought you said 2.3.151 but that was not the case. I have a 2.3.15 SBF.

25. mfinlay04

mfinlay04 New Member

the replacement has the 30.04 bootloader and I used the 2.3.15 SBF leaked by MDW a while ago. Bootloader still shows 30.04 but system shows 2.3.15 instead of 2.3.151 obviously

CruelSun likes this.