~ Droid X Box Lost! Can I still get Rebate?Support

Last Updated:

1. Xman007

Xman007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I think I've lost the box for my new DX phone. I still have the rebate forms. I paid $300 + tax. It is supposed to be $199 (after $100 rebate). Does anyone know if I can still get the rebate, and how to go about it? I would truly appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. lakai113

lakai113 Well-Known Member

sorry, i ordered from Verizon so the rebate was added in...
    my guess would be that you are gonna have to do a lot of bitching or sweet talking get it

3. genxgeek

genxgeek Well-Known Member

Ya, I would agree with the post above. I think I remember reading in the verizon forum that you must have the cut out from the box.

4. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Nope. You need the UPC code from the box.

5. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

You are required to present the UPC code present on the side of the device packaging if you wish to receive your rebate. I don't think I've ever heard of a case in which you didn't need it.

6. Smartphan

Smartphan Member

If you have a photocopy of the upc, ask rebate center if you can submit it by fax or something.

7. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Your ONLY option is to call wherever you ordered it from and hope your sweet-talking skills are up to the task. Frankly, I'd be shocked if they got you the rebate - the original UPC is required in order to prevent people from submitting duplicate requests and there is no way for you to prove that you're not doing that.

The IMEI number is on the UPC, so there's a faint possibility that they can look it up like that to prove nobody has submitted a rebate on that phone, but that's only if they actually track the rebates by that number.

Call and be really, really nice and insistent.