Droid X broke they gave me a Droid 2

Last Updated:

1. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I broke my Droid X and they had no X's in stock obviously and so they gave me a Droid 2 to use until they get more X's in..So pretty much I use the 2 until they get more X's in as long as it is within the 30 day WFG. I will miss my Droid X :(

Advertisement
  2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Wow. Thats better than nothing I guess. My brother got the D2 on launch day and its a good phone and all but it doesn't quite compare to the DX IMO. But use it and enjoy it while you've got it! Hopefully you get your DX soon

3. Syv3n

Ya I mean the OS is the same both have the motor blur..obviously the Droid 2 having 2.2 is something cool that I will enjoy but I dont use the qwerty keyboard and I miss the bigger screen already. But the phone is nice especially for people who like the slide out keyboards. Pretty smooth and fast!

4. kstuffer

kstuffer Well-Known Member

is this from the verizon warranty or the asurion?

5. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

When my orig Droid broke they offered me a basic phone, no other smartphone....I just told them I would activate one of my old phones....How did you get them to give you a 2?

6. Syv3n

It was through verizon and I didnt get them to give me anything. The Price for the X and the 2 are the same so instead of refunding my money they replaced it with the 2 since I was in my 30 days and said to use that and when the X comes in within this 30 days I can reswap it or keep it.

7. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

well? what are your thoughs about the d2? do you like it?

8. Syv3n

Well like I said..it seems to be really snappy and fast..the OS is the same as the X. I am not a fan of the Physical slide out keyboard but they have swype preinstalled on it as well so I just use that. It overall is a nice device but Id rather have the bigger screen and no physical keyboard. I believe 2.2 makes it feel a little snappier than the x no lag on stock UI. Also being able to use flash is a cool capability for a phone and it is really fast at doing that.

9. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. I'd get it in writing. Verizon lets you make one swap to a different phone within 30 days then I think there's some type of fee (activation?) or other policy kicks in.

10. deadinside

deadinside Well-Known Member

Mind me asking how it was broke?

11. VetteVert

VetteVert Member

If all goes as planned, that sounds like great customer service. If you have to take a sports car in for service, very rarely do you get a comparable loaner...

VV

12. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Yeah hope everything goes well, and that you get your new X soon.

13. Motorola

Motorola Active Member

I am more of an X guy myself, although I do text quite often and the physical keyboard is always nice to have, but the swype feature and touch keyboard on the X is really nice. Plus once you get used to the DX screen every phone seems small.