Droid X Camera Problem.Support

Last Updated:

1. ODoyle

ODoyle Member This Topic's Starter

This morning, I wanted to take a picture of something I found funny, funny thing is my camera is pitch black. Nothing focuses, hell, there isn't anything on the screen.

I pulled the battery, tried other camera apps, did a factory reset, and I actually just got back from Verizon in hopes to exchange it (I'm still within the 30 days, tomorrow being the last day), and all Verizon can tell me is that I would have to call back in September (no stock) and hopefully can get a replacement where they will "wave" the 30 days return/ exchange and give me a brand new one.

Anyway, is there anything else I can do? The phones works fine except for the camera but I just got this phone and the cam is already screwed up after just 29 days of usage!

Should I call Motorola and would they be able to send me a new phone or a crappy refurb? If so, I'll just wait for Verizon and hope I get one.

Thanks, I'd appreciate any feedback. I've searched and read from other forums where this is a common problem (supposedly).

Advertisement
  2. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

You need to have Verizon order your new phone. Unless they put it in writing do not count on them doing the exchange just because they are ot of stock. But if they ordered the phone before the date then you are good.

3. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Make sure to get it ordered from VZW before you thirty days. Even though it wont ship for a bit, better late than never.

4. ODoyle

Thanks, I had the customer rep at the Verizon store (corporate) put it in the notes under my account. I also spoke with the Manager because I wasn't satisfied with the options given to me.

So now I have to go back there in September when/ if they receive some in stock. Should I/ can I call Motorola for a replacement or am I stuck waiting? What's the normal protocol with regards to exchanges/ returns?

My options were:

1. Wait for when they get some in and I can just exchange and they waive the 30 days exchange. No charge, due to them not having any in stock (back ordered etc.)

2. Get a factory refurb.

3. Pay for another brand new one and when I recieve it, I can exchange my old one back and get a refund. (which to me sucks major ass and doesn't sound very reasonable.

Thanks again for any info.

ps. on a sidenote, my $100 rebate card just arrived today after all of this fiasco...

5. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Did you try a factory reset yet? Might work! Also go to motos support forums there is a few threads on camera issues there.

6. Beasnizzle99

Beasnizzle99 Well-Known Member

same thing happen to me yesterday.....i went into vzw....they did a returm ...had new phone shipped to my house....he said at most a week...im using the brok camera one till then.

7. ODoyle

Could you elaborate more? How did you get them to have it shipped to your house? I didn't get that option.

Did you end up purchasing another and you will return your broken one and then get a refund?

I don't understand... Thanks for any feedback.

8. Beasnizzle99

Beasnizzle99 Well-Known Member

ODOYLE.....i got the replacment today at my house......its a certified like new....its crap....speaker buzz bad....getting another certified like new on friday it looks like.......all i did was go into my local vzw store...they couldnt fix it obvioulsy....had a new one mailed to me.

9. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Did you move your finger?

Lol

Call vzw they'll have a new one to you in 2 days ;)

10. mountainlover

mountainlover Well-Known Member

My camera suddenly quit working today. I pulled the battery and it worked for one pic and then nothing. Any ideas?

11. ODoyle

Thanks for the info man. Yeah, pretty much the reason why I didn't want a refurb. Hopefully, the Verizon store I went to keeps their word and honor what they told me and replace mine with a new one. If not, I may have to settle for the refurb, but I'm hoping that's the last resort.

12. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Actually the referbs are normally better. And the reason for it is that everyone of them gets checked and on the production line they only pull so many every X time period. But when I bought new and am less than 30 days there is no way I would settle for a refurb.