• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Droid X Car Mount/dock (Ebay)

I picked up this mount from RadioShack a year or so ago to mount another phone on. It seemed too large for the Moment and I rarely used it. I dug it out the other day and what do you know... it opens just wide enough to fit the DX in landscape mode. In order to clear the camera lens the phone needs to be scooted upward about 1.25" and its in a clear location. Im thinking of making a spacer that rests on the support legs on the bottom and building in the charger port. Pics with BodyGlove case.
Sakar Gooseneck GPS mount - RadioShack.com
2010-07-28204953.jpg

2010-07-28205031.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm not a big fan of Universal mounts. Don't get me wrong, they can be extremely handy, especially if you switch out phones quite a bit, but they can also be touchy and haven't been very stable in my past experiences.

I purchased the official X carmount Day 1 I ordered the X and haven't looked back. Fantastic fit, great functionality (magnet to enable cardock), and for the price, it was well worth it considering I was replacing my dated TomTom with the X's navigation capabilities.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones