Droid X Car Mount/dock (Ebay)Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Beasnizzle99

Beasnizzle99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I searched on ebay for a car dock for the x....found a bunch within the $10 price range....i was wondering if anyone else had purchased one of ebay and if i would be able to use the camera as a dash cam like you can with the verizon car dock? thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Beasnizzle99

3. Beasnizzle99

Double post

4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Charger looks too cheap to be any good. I had a cheapo one and it died after a short time. The connections are not solid and the wires pull out very easily. The other concern is the max width of the mount will only hold the X in portrait mode. Hard to find one that will go 5" to hold in landscape.

5. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

I picked up this mount from RadioShack a year or so ago to mount another phone on. It seemed too large for the Moment and I rarely used it. I dug it out the other day and what do you know... it opens just wide enough to fit the DX in landscape mode. In order to clear the camera lens the phone needs to be scooted upward about 1.25" and its in a clear location. Im thinking of making a spacer that rests on the support legs on the bottom and building in the charger port. Pics with BodyGlove case.
    Sakar Gooseneck GPS mount - RadioShack.com
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of Universal mounts. Don't get me wrong, they can be extremely handy, especially if you switch out phones quite a bit, but they can also be touchy and haven't been very stable in my past experiences.

I purchased the official X carmount Day 1 I ordered the X and haven't looked back. Fantastic fit, great functionality (magnet to enable cardock), and for the price, it was well worth it considering I was replacing my dated TomTom with the X's navigation capabilities.

7. ad720

ad720 Well-Known Member