Droid X Car mount with HDMI plug?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. gimmeanathlon

gimmeanathlon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure which sub forum this went under, but wondering if anyone knows of a car mount with HDMI plug similar to power on the Moto car mount.

Just trying to minimize the number of cables being plugged in each time.

Trying to pump out vid to trucks rear passenger entertainment system.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. wrightcomputing

wrightcomputing Member

I have the Droid X windscreen mount that I bought at the Verizon store when I got my phone, I think you can have access to the HDMI port using it. You can also make great videos of driving your cat with the mount check out my video using my droid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzOU-igFf_I

3. kheovnien

kheovnien Well-Known Member

i think you would need an hdmi cable regardless if the port was built into the mount or not. best case scenario is you buy a universal mount and plug the usb and hdmi into your phone then wrap the cable so it's "one" cable.

p.s. i don't get the "cat" reference above.

4. IFIXPCS

IFIXPCS New Member

I think he meant to say "car" instead of "cat"...

:)

IFIXPCS

5. firetruck41

firetruck41 Well-Known Member

Maybe you could modify the Desktop mount to mount it in your car? Otherwise, I am not aware of a device specific multimedia (HDMI) car mount.

6. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I would do the universal thing. Hell I did the universal thing. I got the ARKON Mega Grip.

But I flipped the grippers over so the cutouts allowed access to the ports and I could put the camera end on the outside. This way I can take pics and vids with the device in the mount and still plug in on the bottom. I would pre-run your HDMI cabling in the car (truck, van whatever) and leave it where you can easily get to it. And then you only have to plug it in when you need to use it.

otherwise you are always plugging in the ends with the dock, adding to the wear and tear every time you dock.