• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid-X Clockwork Recovery image. Deodexed Rooted, Froyo'd

Quadrant score after deo done. Not overclocked

Attachments

• CAP201009121608.jpg
    CAP201009121608.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
well crap lol how do do that.

you need root explorer (or at the least the way i do it, there may be another way).

go into system and then find the build.prop file.

long press on it and open in text editor

scroll 80% of the way down to find media.stagefright.enable (there are 4 in a row)

yours would be set on all 4 to true. change them all to false, click back and you'll be prompted to save the edit. save it

reboot and youre good to go!

Reactions: ThatOneDude05
Upvote 0
awesome thanks, i was all excited cuz those scores and bragged to a few friends, but they don't need to know it was false lol... is there anyway to do it through terminal emulator.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it Thanks again!

2nd EDIT: It says its saved but after I reboot it still doesn't play videos.

hmmm...does it not play any videos or just videos you took on the phone?

Upvote 0
bootstrap is just the hack your phone needs to be able to load a custom recovery image. You need to boot into recovery mode. Turn your phone off, the press and hold power and home at the same time untill you see the moto logo, then release the power key and remain holding the home key. Wait a few seconds and release the home key. This should get you into recovery. An easier way is to download rom manager, or boot control widget

I assume 'reboot into recovery' automatically reboots the X into recovery when you touch it? nothing happens other than asking if i am sure if i want to do it. then nothing happens. so i try rebooting and it just boots normally. when i hold power and home to get into recovery, it looks like its motorola's recovery and not koush's.

Upvote 0
It should. Have you installed Clockwork Recovery? If you're not sure, download rom manager from the market and install it from there. Run bootstrapper, then flash clockwork recovery from rom manager. You can boot into recovery from rom manager as well.

yes to all. but no to any booting into recovery. nothing happens when i hit the buttons. i have OTA 2.2, with root from 2.1. what i noticed, when i went to uninstall root, it says it cant unistall, but says i still have SU rights. the 'log' tab causes FC. so i wonder if this is linked to my issue. could i have lost SU with the OTA?

Upvote 0
Ok, so i am rooted using the D2 method. slightly harder than the one click method previously, but learned a lot doing so. so i installed using the method above (i have confirmed root, bootstrap'd) and when the phone boots up after recovery i am looking at a fresh motoblur install. not vanilla froyo. (i installed from the directory that i created with this deodexed rooted rom). what happened?

Upvote 0
Stock has ALWAYS been laggy for me. Especially the home screens/app drawer. LPP fixed that. As far as typing being laggy, has it improved. Did you backup/restore your system settings thru google?

Sure, totally agree. But I'm saying that thisis glitchy, specifically the background and typing. When I restore back to stock, it works better...way better than this. I keep going between my backup, this, and flyX. Fly performs the same as this. I assume something went wrong. I am on the 2.2 ota. Maybe that's it.

Also, I have quadrant scores of over 2100 even after changing the 4 values to false(as described above) and rebooting. Thoughts appreciated. Will check back frequently. In the meantime I will keep this rom to see if I can troubleshoot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones