Droid X Comes Out on Top in Android Phone Battery Life Comparisons

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

Oftentimes when making the decision over which phone to purchase, battery life may have to take a backseat in order to take advantage of certain features. Such is the case with devices featuring AMOLED displays, as they recently found themselves at the bottom of the heap compared to phones featuring LCD displays in terms of [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea I now its Laptop Mag...but still

I like how they listed the battery sizes. The Inc was handicapped out the gate cuz of that small battery (wtf HTC?!?!) But...

But a few observations:

The Droid 2 has a bit better battery, by 90 mAh, and has way more battery life than the Inc. 45nm cpu in the Droid 2 vs 65nm in the Inc..screens probably played a part too...

Yea the X has the biggest battery by only 40 mAh ...but look at the Samsung phones and the EVO. The EVO uses a 65nm chip too, so thats expected.

The Samsung phones is suprising since they use 45 nm chips...screens probably played a part too.

And look at the Droid 2 compared to the X. On a 1390 battery it almost lasts as long as the X. In reality the Droid has the best battery of all the phones.

The the Streak uses a 65nm chip too (the GSM version of the ones on the Inc and EVO if the specs are correct). Seems like other factors most of us dont know about play a part in the battery life.

The Inc on a 1500 battery should be close to the EVO's score.

Again, the Samsung phones are surprising...I thought Amoled was this big battery saver...they explained that white drains Amoled more than black, so coulda been a cause.

Hey, like I always say: every phone, screen has its pros n cons.....