droid x contacts issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. peaced01

peaced01 New Member This Topic's Starter

My business has a main phone number that reaches the operator (ex. 123-456-7800) and each office phone has an individual number (ex. 123-456-9123). Although I have each individual line listed separately under contacts with their own number & ringtone, when a call comes thru it only uses the main operator number & ringtone (even if I take that one out of Contacts). On my Motorola Adventure it would ring thru as the individual line so I would know who was calling, not just that is was coming from someone at work (we have 15,000 employees). Is there any way to make the Droid X do this??

Advertisement
  2. 007E

007E Well-Known Member

Unlink Contacts ?

Contacts> Person> Menu button on bottom left> Unlink Contact

Wait .. Its probably a rotary system, in this case when they call you from work it will pick which ever line is available for them starting with the first in the list.

3. peaced01

peaced01 New Member This Topic's Starter

nobody is linked! each contact is entered as separate contact with separate picture & ringtone, but they all keep coming thru as if from the main number!

4. 007E

007E Well-Known Member

You should really do without the exclamations, your post comes off as you being an a**hole, getting hyped up at me as if I caused your problem. It sounds like the issue is not with your phone but instead the system used where they are calling from. If I am understanding you correctly there is really no fix to this, has your business recently experienced a change with anything phone related? Have you tried to power cycle your cell phone?