Droid X contacts upload to Car bluetooth?

Last Updated:

1. SocaLand

SocaLand Member This Topic's Starter

While checking out the DX at V, I met someone who had a question that no one could answer.

He has 1500 contacts in his BB. However, the BB OS5 allows filters/groups for the contacts. He has one called "Car" with 12 numbers that he calls often. BB allows the upload/transfer of individual filter/groups to the car so he only has to scroll through those 12 numbers. Can the DX offer the same thing where you can only upload selected contacts, or is there an app for that?

Advertisement
  2. brianja

brianja New Member

I would actually like to know the same thing. I recently switched over to Android and don't need all of my work contacts to transfer to my car's BT.

I used to sync a single category (group) and that worked well.

Margnal likes this.
  3. Margnal

Margnal New Member

Any luck figuring this out? Is there an app for this?

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I've never personally seen a phone that can do this! As such I'm impressed that the BB could...

In my personal experience with bluetooth and car stereos, I've had so many phones over the years with so many problems synchronizing contacts that I'm happy when I just see contacts listed on the stereo head unit.

5. bradb21

bradb21 Active Member

I was able to upload all my contacts to my car using my DroidX with no problems and no special apps. My car is a 2009 Infiniti G37

6. Wahtash

Wahtash New Member

It has nothing to do with the phone so much as with the handsfree interface installed in the vehicle. Most vehicles sold in the US use a variation of Johnson Control's product and depending on the build date may not import contact data from the phone to the vehicle. Most older version will not. Some high end vehicles will, some won't. Some require a USB connection either initially or at all times for contact info to be imported to the vehicle's module.

See your owner's manual for details. Your results may vary.

7. Margnal

Margnal New Member

This has nithing to do with your car.
    It has to do with selecting contacts that you want
    to send to your car via bluetooth.
    On a Blackberry, you can select catagories such as family, doctors,
    business,etc. Then in the bluetooth setting it says Selected Categories Only.
    You can then select the particular categories you wish to transfer.
    So, hopefully thsis clear enough now and someone has a solution other
    than staying with Blackberry