Droid X - created folders on sd card, but they disappear...

Last Updated:

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Member This Topic's Starter

I created a couple of folders on the SD card so i could put icons, and videos. It works fine, but when I disconnect my droid x from the pc, and then reconnect because I want to add more icons/movies...those folders aren't there when viewing on the PC. But they do show up when using file manager on the phone it self.

Any suggestions as to why i can't see those folders when viewing on my PC?

Advertisement
  2. livefromuk

livefromuk Member

Same here........ any help?

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Have you guys tried installing the newest Motorola drivers?

4. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Member This Topic's Starter

it says I have the most up to date drivers.

5. Trucideau

Trucideau New Member

I have the same problem, and a little more information. When I create the folders in Vista and transfer files to them, I can only see them as I've created them. When I disconnect, I managed to find them on the SDCARD in Astro (they might have been someplace I wasn't expecting, but they were on the SDCARD). It was just that I couldn't see them when I reattached the X to the computer. Your files are still being transferred, it's just that for some reason they're invisible when you reconnect (at least in my case).

6. SequiriouS

SequiriouS New Member

you need to set your USB Connection on your Droid X to USB mass storage to be able to access those folders on the PC. I had the same problem and realized I had the USB Connection set to PC Mode when I created the folders, then when I went to access those folders in PC Mode again later I couldn't see them. When I switched the phone to USB Mass Storage I was then able to access ALL the folders on the card.