• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X - created folders on sd card, but they disappear...

Scuba Steve

Jul 11, 2010
I created a couple of folders on the SD card so i could put icons, and videos. It works fine, but when I disconnect my droid x from the pc, and then reconnect because I want to add more icons/movies...those folders aren't there when viewing on the PC. But they do show up when using file manager on the phone it self.

Any suggestions as to why i can't see those folders when viewing on my PC?

I have the same problem, and a little more information. When I create the folders in Vista and transfer files to them, I can only see them as I've created them. When I disconnect, I managed to find them on the SDCARD in Astro (they might have been someplace I wasn't expecting, but they were on the SDCARD). It was just that I couldn't see them when I reattached the X to the computer. Your files are still being transferred, it's just that for some reason they're invisible when you reconnect (at least in my case).

Upvote 0
you need to set your USB Connection on your Droid X to USB mass storage to be able to access those folders on the PC. I had the same problem and realized I had the USB Connection set to PC Mode when I created the folders, then when I went to access those folders in PC Mode again later I couldn't see them. When I switched the phone to USB Mass Storage I was then able to access ALL the folders on the card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones