• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X - Cut and Paste

Are you certain about it coming with 2.2? I'm not doubting, I just haven't seen this anywhere else.

This is the only real complaint I have about this phone. I really needed the function for work and it wasn't there. As a long time BB user I just assumed that every smartphone would have this. I'm glad I didn't know the phone lacked this, because I likely wouldn't have bought it, and there are so many other reasons it is superior.

Upvote 0
As a new Droid X user, the lack of cut/paste in email or text messaging is an unpleasant surprise.
I rely heavily on this feature for work. Without this capability on my mobile device I have to break-out my laptap to do the same thing that I usually do with my iPhone...
Of course I couldn't make calls on my iPhone but that's why I have a Droid X now. :D

Upvote 0
Well I thought my post would have confirmed it, but maybe you are looking for a developer or something. BTW I am rooted, but that has nothing to do with it. While in email you can simply click the four box button --> then select more --> select text --> select the text you want and it places it on the clip board.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones