Droid X Dead Battery

Last Updated: 2011-06-06 02:42:46
  1. TerryJCampbell

TerryJCampbell New Member

This morning I was charging my phone as usual and tried to turn on the screen. Nothing happened! Oops! After a couple of passes I could see it trying to boot, but the battery was dead?? After a bit I unplugged it and put it on a wall charger. Some time passed and then it came to life! Whew!
    All I can figure is an update killed the battery?? Hours later we are still building up to 100% on the USB charger. I haven't had a battery problem and am not a heavy user. Probably the biggest use is the golf GPS, but only use it a few times during a round so it easily goes the distance.

What in the world are they doing with these updates??

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello Terry and welcome to Android Forums. We have a spot set aside just for users of your device.. you can find it here I think if you ask your question there you will likely get some battery advice.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

There could be a lot of reasons for rapid battery drain, but since you said it was charging via USB, you might consider that you have a bad cable, especially if the A/C charger worked.

If a battery is completely depleted, it will take a while to charge it fully.