Droid X Defender Case now in stock on Otterbox website..Accessories

Last Updated:

1. jazz1266

jazz1266 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. bsmac02

bsmac02 Member

The thread title says it all... Has everyone waited for the Defender or have y'all gone with something else?

I hate to say it but I am still excited that it's out... even though I've been pissed for months about the delay :mad:

3. Riverdome

Riverdome Active Member

OB says the Defender case can't support the extended life battery, the other two cases do. I'm going to have to wait until someone locally has Defender in stock so I can slip my DX in and see how it fits.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Thread moved out of the News area and into the Droid X Accessories forum. ;)

5. WishinItWas

WishinItWas Well-Known Member

Someone get a commuter case and post some pics of fitment so I can finally make a decision on this

6. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

If someone gets the Commuter or Impact case with an extended battery and posts pictures up here, make sure you tell us which extended battery you're using! Thanks!

7. brownchristian

brownchristian Member

Any local stores selling these or do I have to order online? Sure would like to touch them before I buy.

8. gadgetmom88

Sometimes Best Buy will sell Otterbox cases, and eventually, they make it to the Verizon store for the more popular phones (eg Blackberry), but it usually takes a while to get there. Amazon sells them at the best prices, and they are great about taking returns - so if you don't like it you can always return it. Also, Otterbox is great about replacing damaged cases. I've had cases rip or the tabs break off, and after contacting Otterbox support about it (and sending them a picture of the damaged case), they sent me new ones - even though I bought the case from Amazon. Great customer service and very good quality cases. //commercial over//

9. kheovnien

kheovnien Well-Known Member

i ordered the commuter directly from their website with the 10% off + free shipping coupon (tb1010y). i will post pics when i get it.

10. WishinItWas

I just did the same thing, looking forward to it

11. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the same thing. I think I will wait for some reviews prior to picking one up.

12. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I want to read reports before I buy so please post up. it looks to me like the cases will make the edges of the screen hard to use and make the 4 bottoms buttons hard to use. but pics can be deceiving.

Also is it me or are the 3 prices of cases, really just removal of a layer. Sure seems that way.

Eitherway I like defender and the Commuter.

13. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

the commuter case has more of the screen showing, the defender looks like it comes right up to the edge of the touchable space on the screen though so it might make it harder to use. But the plastic is slanted in towards the screen (assuming its the same way as my friends iPhone one) so you can still touch the edge.

It also looks like they have hard plastic overlays over the hard buttons, which honestly I think would be better... but as everyone has said, i'd like to actually look/touch one before I go dropping $50 on something i've managed fine without having for the past 4 months

14. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I wanna get one but I'm not sure if I want the defender or the commuter. I currently have the body glove. I wonder if the OB is that much of a step up. I'll wait to the reviews.

15. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

I wasnt sure between the two either. only reason im leaning toward the defender is because of the belt clip. 90% of the day my phone is in the verizon leather belt clip... I dont think i'd want one without a belt clip... but thats just my .02
    I also like how you can lock the clip open and tilt the phone on its side so you can prop it up on a desk/table laying sideways (if your not sure what im talking about, look at the video on the iphone 4 defender otterbox case. they show how its done and one of their replies I read on the DroidX case said it will have the same style belt clip as the iphone 4)

16. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I got the e-mail earlier today too about these being available and was so excited! But now I'm torn like you guys between the Defender and Commuter. I usually keep my cell phone in my pocket which is why I'm leaning toward the Commuter...I know the Defender obviously adds more protection but I'm concerned with how much bulk it will add. One of the things I love about the DX is how slim it is...I don't want to add too much bulk to it....

One other thing I know you guys pointed out is that the Defender won't have room for the extended battery? How much more room could it possibly need? Will it really not work? I honestly prefer the look of the Defender and love the fact that it has the plastic protective cover over a regular screen protector...but if I can't use my extended battery, that's a deal breaker :(

17. upe

upe Member

I ordered the commuter and the defender yesterday. Will see if I can take some pics of the two when they arrive. After reading some of the complaints people have with otterbox I am thinking I won't get them 'till next week.

18. jbhumph

Awesome! Can't wait to hear your review on these and see some pics :D

19. gadgetmom88

Haven't tried either yet, but my experience with the Defender on the iPhone is that it added a TON of bulk to it. Great protection, but unless you work construction you don't really need it. Also, the clip on the iPhone case consistently dropped the phone out. I had to remove the screen cover on it because it made it impossible to reach the outside edges of the screen, and it definitely added a layer of bulk around the screen that had to be navigated in order to reach the edges. That said, I still used the case when camping/hiking. It was way to difficult to remove for every day use.

20. clxa38

clxa38 Member

That's for the original droid

21. gadgetmom88

oops. removed link. thanks.

22. civichater

civichater Member

Has anyone's order shipped yet? I ordered my defender yesterday morning and the website says "processing" I know I am being a little impatient, but I think that we have waited long enough here. I have the Seidio Rugged case now, I can't wait to compare them.

23. WishinItWas

"Being Processed" on my order too, also ordered Monday morning, I was hoping it would be here before i go out of state for a week...

24. jbhumph

Straight from the Otterbox.com website...

WishinItWas likes this.
  25. WishinItWas

yay for blatant laziness and lack of effort resulting in complaining ranther than simply checking the source