droid x doesnt connect to the computer.. period.Support

Last Updated:

1. abrocker

abrocker New Member This Topic's Starter

tried usb debugging.. tried it off.. when i plug it in nothing will pop up that will say it is. it will charge.. but thats about it. it wont let me change from pc mode to mass storage.. upgraded drivers.. tried motorola media link.. tried turning it off with the sd card unmounted.. tried removing the battery.. did a hard restore. i tried on 3 computers in my house. nothing seems to be working out. all i want to do is put a video from my phone to my pc. help!

Advertisement
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

3. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

moved to support and troubleshooting

4. abrocker

thanks for that. tried that driver. still nothing. it's odd because this wasnt an issue a week ago. id get that drop down that said [​IMG] but not anymore.

5. abrocker

man is this driving me nuts.

6. toohtty13

toohtty13 New Member

Any chance you recently switched cables? When I first got my droid I got a generic charger with a USB end that connected to the wall charger, and assumed the cable would work to transfer data as well, which it didn't. I had to go out and buy a data cable.
    S

7. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

Have you tried rebooting your computer. I had issues with my Eris where a reboot would allow connection. Never had problems with my DX, but I don't connect it too often. Probably the same as listed above, but here's where I got my Moto drivers for the DX (here).