Droid X, Doesn't?Support

Last Updated: 2011-02-04 13:26:48
  1. jack1028

jack1028 Member

Hi, got a Droid X two days ago and really like the features, it was quite a bump up from my RaZor! But the feature I wanted the most doesn't seem to work!

When going into password protected sites, pdf and/or servlet windows do not function properly as they do on my laptop. I am 0 for 3, and I have tried different Browsers, and downloaded the current adobe flash and reader to no luck. One site gives me a 'unsuccessful download' and the other 2 I cannot navigate through schematic images. I hope that makes sense.

The closest I came was Dolphin Browser (after trying 7 others), it prompted me to 'play' or 'download', but when I hit 'play' it simply said "failed to open default application"...

Maybe it just can't do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jack :cool:

Advertisement
  2. mrhost

mrhost New Member

Do you have a sample of what you want to do? A link perhaps. If you are trying to access PDPDFs that are password protected you have to use the PDF program that comes with the DROIDX. Non of the others worked with security PDF files. Not sure on the other part you are asking about. Not understanding the specifics.
    jack1028 likes this.
  3. jack1028

jack1028 Member

Is there a way to set the DroidX to use its PDF program as default, or is it automatic?

here is a link to the one I am having most issues with: http://service.subzero.com/kb/600/mainmenu.pdf it gives me the "unsuccessful download", it is supposed to be an interactive page, where i can navigate through pictures and service literature.

Thanks,
    Jack :)
  4. jack1028

jack1028 Member

Well it does appear that it simply does not work on the Droidx (android platform) as I was told by many users. All the java/servlets work well on the public domain sites, just not so well on secure password protected sites. It is still quite a 'phone' and I am sure in 6months to a year they will have it patched somehow. If anyone finds out anything else please let me know. Thanks,
    Jack1028 :cool:
  5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

does it have to do with how the site views the X's browser?

if it thinks the X is a PC and has IE7 or whatever, will it work?
  6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

yeah in dolphin settings change your user agent to IE or FF
  7. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

^^^ this is worth a shot
  8. shane269

shane269 Member

I didn't see an option to change to firefox but I did change user agent to desktop. This hasn't helped the issue.the sad thing is that my old iPhone 3g did and my droidx doesn't. :confused: