• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X, Doesn't?

jack1028

Lurker
Jan 31, 2011
Hi, got a Droid X two days ago and really like the features, it was quite a bump up from my RaZor! But the feature I wanted the most doesn't seem to work!

When going into password protected sites, pdf and/or servlet windows do not function properly as they do on my laptop. I am 0 for 3, and I have tried different Browsers, and downloaded the current adobe flash and reader to no luck. One site gives me a 'unsuccessful download' and the other 2 I cannot navigate through schematic images. I hope that makes sense.

The closest I came was Dolphin Browser (after trying 7 others), it prompted me to 'play' or 'download', but when I hit 'play' it simply said "failed to open default application"...

Maybe it just can't do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jack :cool:

Well it does appear that it simply does not work on the Droidx (android platform) as I was told by many users. All the java/servlets work well on the public domain sites, just not so well on secure password protected sites. It is still quite a 'phone' and I am sure in 6months to a year they will have it patched somehow. If anyone finds out anything else please let me know. Thanks,
Jack1028 :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones