• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X "End of Life" status next March

Until a phone manufacturer can make a VERIZON 4g, front facing camera, 4.3 screen inch phone, with a sleek design like the Droid X; I'm sticking with my Droid X tyvm :)

I agree, and the fact that most of the country won't even see LTE until 2012, there's no need to jump the gun on phones.

Upvote 0
Verizon plans to have 75% of the country on LTE by 2012. By sheer coincidence, my 2-year contract will be up about then. Perfect time to move to LTE. I'm sure at that point we'll be excited about the Droid 6 running Android 5.1 "Chocolate Cake" or something.
Lol same, probably going to be Android 6.0 Apple Pie (if you know what i mean):D

Upvote 0
2 year contract it's after 20 months...

....not exactly....from Verizon faq:

My Verizon and the My Verizon Advantage

My Verizon is Verizon Wireless' online account management and customer service tool, providing customers with 24x7 online access to all their billing, payment and account-related information, so customers can manage their Verizon Wireless account relationship quickly and easily.

Also, customers who register for My Verizon online get the added benefits of the My Verizon Advantage:

You

Reactions: redryder
Upvote 0
....not exactly....from Verizon faq:

My Verizon and the My Verizon Advantage

To summarize:

1) You have to be signed up for My Verizon. Easy enough... and free!

2) You have to have a calling plan of $50 or higher. Which means, not the cheapest one!

3) You have to be the primary line. The renew in 12 months deal is not for other lines on your account.

4) You have to sign another 2-year contract.

Not a bad deal if you are the primary and already have a plan of $50 or more. On the other hand, 10 months is still better than 12 months. :) And if you sign a 1-year, you can change carriers f you choose. The phone itself is $70 more, of course ($200 vs $270) but for frequent upgraders or those who aren't loyal to any particular carrier, a 1-year contract still makes more sense.

Upvote 0
I have been getting the 1 year renewals through this very Verizon program and it is great. I have gone from the Omnia to the Touch Pro 2 and now have the X. Talk about an upgrade in two years!

I agree until there is a phone that looks like the X with a forward facing camera that is LTE and is running Cheesecake I will not be looking for my next phone.

Upvote 0
To summarize:

1) You have to be signed up for My Verizon. Easy enough... and free!

2) You have to have a calling plan of $50 or higher. Which means, not the cheapest one!

3) You have to be the primary line. The renew in 12 months deal is not for other lines on your account.

4) You have to sign another 2-year contract.

Not a bad deal if you are the primary and already have a plan of $50 or more. On the other hand, 10 months is still better than 12 months. :) And if you sign a 1-year, you can change carriers f you choose. The phone itself is $70 more, of course ($200 vs $270) but for frequent upgraders or those who aren't loyal to any particular carrier, a 1-year contract still makes more sense.

I just spoke to a Verizon CSR to confirm what a B&M employee told me last month. If the phone is your primary line and your plan is $39 or more (senior discount plans are not eligible) you are entitled to a phone upgrade every year on your anniversary date at two year plan prices. Works for me. :) I never quoted anything above from the Verizon website that speaks to primary phone lines.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones