Droid X extended batteryAccessories

1. mitchellmyler

mitchellmyler Well-Known Member

any news on how much bigger it is? when it will be out? and where you can buy it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

1mm thicker and in August at any Verizon store and perhaps BB
  3. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Forum searches would probably have told you that it is 1930ma
  4. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

Have they said when in August this will be coming out?
  5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

So at 1mm thicker that means it comes with a new back cover or you can squeeze it in with the stock back cover?

Any guesses on pricing?
  6. tbert

tbert Well-Known Member

It comes with a new back cover. No clue on price.
  7. t4ckleb0x

t4ckleb0x Well-Known Member

I have my doubts about that?
  8. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Well-Known Member

And the picture isn't even of an X
  9. yeah doubt thats legit but if someone is willing to buy it and let us know how it works feel free
  10. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Well-Known Member

That's motorola's extended bat. Seidio will also be coming out with one hopefully, but god only knows when and i wasn't real impressed with the cover for my blackberry.
  11. isn't seido known to state higher numbers for their batteries then what people actually get? i remember seeing something about this awhile back on the inc forums
    TNTPW likes this.
  12. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Yep, Seidio lies about their battery capacity. That said, their largest batteries are still usually larger than the largest 1st party batteries you can buy.
  13. Balthazar B

Balthazar B Member

Can anyone with a Motorola DX car mount comment on whether that extra 1mm will cause fitment problems?
  14. dangerous

dangerous Well-Known Member

15. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

Anyone think this is a little bogus?

Motorola Droid X Extended Battery (5 Star Rating): Google Checkout available.

There advertising an extended battery for the Motorola Droid X for $59.63 which is reasonable. Its listed as a 2400mah battery with the extended cover BUT there are no pictures available of the Droid X battery or what the cover will look like. The picture is a generic PDA with an extended battery. I emailed the company but haven't gotten a response yet.

Anyone willing to give it a try?
  16. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

I would not buy this. I will wait for verizon or seidio.
  17. 750ACE

750ACE New Member

The car windshield mount had a removable insert that is supposed to accommodate a DX w/case. I think this should be adequate for an extended battery.
  18. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

*More Pics Below
    The specs on the box say that it is 1930mAh
    The actually battery is slightly larger than the stock battery and the replacement cover creates a slight bulge but my hard silicon case from Verizon fits well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    MarkJay likes this.
  19. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

Nice Alienware Laptop you got there Mchung :)

Also thanks for posting pics of the battery.
  20. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics
  21. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

thanks for this, can you post pics of it on the phone so we can see what bulk it adds. Also do you have any cases you could test out? see which if any of them fit?