1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Droid X extended batteryAccessories

1. JRASH@AOL

JRASH@AOL New Member

Yes, the new Sedio case does fit with the extended battery cover.
  2. Norsk

Norsk Active Member

Which Seidio Case?
  3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Well-Known Member

4. Norsk

Norsk Active Member

Got the PM from him. It's Innocase Surface.

I want the Innocase Active.
  5. just4747

just4747 Well-Known Member

Can you confirm 100% that the Innocase Surface fits over the phone with the extended battery and extended battery cover on? And it's not ridiculously tight or anything? The pictures on the site do not look at all like there is extra room for the extended door, it looks flush with the phone like the Rocketfish case, so..
    Also, I did not see it say that it will fit with the extended door on the product page...
  6. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

How about with the new cover?
  7. Coolguy71261

Coolguy71261 Well-Known Member

that is amazing
  8. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

With so many people saying the old back cover fits on fine, I wonder if there is some variance in how tightly different people's old back covers are fitting on the phone with the new battery. With how insanely hard mine is to put on, I can't imagine anyone would say it fits alright. There's no way I would consider leaving the old back cover on mine because of how tight it is.
  9. maxwellimus

maxwellimus Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was wondering if people with the extended battery can tell me:

1. How does it compare with the original battery? How much longer does it last?
    2. Can I use the original back cover with the new battery?
  10. mwpeck

mwpeck Well-Known Member

I do not have one so I cannot answer 1, but from what I have read, you technically can use the original cover, but it puts a lot more pressure on the battery compartment and can lead to issues that wouldn't happen with the extended cover. So yes, its possible, but you probably do not want to do it.
  11. maxwellimus

maxwellimus Well-Known Member

Anyone else? That actually has bought and used the thing?
  12. droidx_fan

droidx_fan Well-Known Member

Has one hit the market yet? I saw a link somewhere to a site but they were listed as "under development". I'd like to get one that has a somewhat extended life but fits in the same form factor. I saw one on the link that I think showed more than double the rating but was a larger form factor. It was also listed as under development.
  13. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

The one from Verizon is only 1mm thicker.

Batteries can only give a certain capacity for a certain size. Seido's 1750 battery has been proven to be only about 1500, which is about right given its size.

If you want a bigger battery, it's going to be physically larger.
  14. aclone

aclone Member

I'm interested too, especially from the size standpoint. With the new cover, does it stick out more? I haven't seen anything official about how much thickness if any the moto extended battery (BH6X) adds. Just curious if my case is going to fit with this.
  15. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

1. My estimate is an extra 2-3 hours of use per day
    2. While it does fit, it puts extra pressure against the touch screen and may cause problems down the road.
  16. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

The only confirmed retailers releasing one are Sedieo (as mentioned above) and Verizon (which if you check the accessories thread, is available to purchase).
  17. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

I have the Motorola extended battery through Verizon and it is awesome. My original VZW case and holster fit right over the top of the slightly larger battery.
  18. droidx_fan

droidx_fan Well-Known Member

You think my Body Glove case will still work? I'm guessing not which sucks because I really, really like that case. Are there any similar protective cases out yet to accommodate the larger battery?
  19. thenew3

thenew3 Well-Known Member

can someone post a picture of what the phone looks like with the Motorola/Verizon extended battery on it?
  20. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

+1
  21. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

There is a picture on one of the Droid forums, but I don't remember which one.
  22. neggie

neggie Well-Known Member

23. itzwolf

itzwolf New Member

I just checked on the extended battery and Verizon details have it listed as a 1840mAh. Has something changed or is this a typo on their site?
  24. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I added this to my cart then used BAT30 for the promo code and the price went from $49.99/free shipping to $34.99/free shipping. :D