Droid X extended batteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. dmevis

dmevis Member

Personally, I would recommend you NOT use the standard battery cover as it really does seem to "stress" the internals of the phone.

I use the Verizon Case/Holster combination. Contrary to what others have written here, it is NOT designed for the Extended Battery and makes it fit funky in the Case and harder to install/remove from the Holster. So, I have stopped using any battery cover at all. The Verizon Case provides nice structural support and the Extended battery does not interfere at all.

I am not familiar with the case you are using, but if it provides some structural support, you might consider not using any Battery Cover.

2. blown-droid

blown-droid Active Member

I have a 25% corporate discount, but how do I get the 30% discount? is it a couon you can print or online thing?

I really need this extended battery because mine really sucks and I dont use the phone as extensively as others.
  3. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I certainly don't want to damage my phone so it'd be worth it to spend a little extra for the skinz vs having to fork out cash for a brand new phone

As far as the discount code, it was a promotional code that offered an extra 30% off. To my knowledge, that promotion is over, unfortunately...and the only place that seems to have this online now is e-bay or local stores at the moment
  4. jbhumph

Ok, another question (I didn't see this mentioned in this thread or anywhere else so I hope I didn't miss it)

Has anyone tried the Seido Innocell 1750 mAh extended battery for the Droid X?

It says it does not require a different battery doory. It looks like it's the same price and I'm personally thinking the Motorola would be better....but just thought I'd toss this out for discussion
  5. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member

You are going to get answers showing both sides.To some, it appears that by using the original cover it may exert too much pressure on the battery, thereby putting pressure on the screen and other components. Others will say that it is fine.

I tried putting the original cover back on...it seemed fine and did not seem that there was any pressure. However, I would like to play safe as possibel, so I used the cover that came with the new battery.

You may need to simply try it when you get your battery...see how it looks and feels to you, and then decide.
  6. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member

I got the Motorola battery and I am very pleased with it. I usually prefer to go with the name brand OEM simply because they usually have the quality that I am looking for. I have read that Seido has mis-represented their battery capacities in the past....makes me a bit leary.
  7. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I just got mine, charging it now. The new battery cover really is not much bigger than the original, it's very slim.
  8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

That BAT30 code is no longer accepted online:

[​IMG]Promo code has expired.
  9. dequardo

dequardo Well-Known Member

FWIW I finally installed the battery. Had to try the original door. Was surprised it fit with very little force. That said, I used the new door as it's virtually as thin. My $.02
  10. Deadly Cyclone

Deadly Cyclone New Member

Hey all,

Just joined the forum to find some cool stuff for my Droid X. Question, I have the hard carbon fiber case for the X that Verizon sells, I assume with the extended battery the case will not fit. Does anyone have the case and have suggestions for modifying it to make the new slight hump fit in the hard case?
  11. mp3ster

mp3ster Active Member

First, you have to MIC the thickness of the case, then MIC the difference in the extended cover then find the difference.

If the case is thick enough to support the difference, then machine it down to proper size, if you are going to be attempting this at home, i would suggest a Die Grinder. Make a template to hold it so the depth is uniform.

Best of luck!
    Foxgguy2001 likes this.
  12. JB426

JB426 Member

There's a discussion, or two, in the Droid Incredible Accessories forum here that talks about the Seidio batteries. Check it out if you're considering one. I think there are better alternatives for sure.
  13. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Waiting for the battery to get out of backorder. But was thinking I would probably not use the stock battery door because my X gets really HOT sometimes when charging and using at the same time, and sometimes with heavy use as well. So thinking the extra room with the new battery door would help with ventilation. Wouldn't want things to get too hot for too long, that could be bad.
  14. Outlaw71

Update, after scouring the local area (since online said it was out of stock), I found an extended battery about 35 minutes from my home. So I asked the salesman to hold it for me, hopped on my motorcycle and went and picked it up. While I was there I asked for accessories since I've been holding off on picking up a case for it until I'd purchased the extended battery. The good news is, even with the thicker door on it, I didn't find a case that didn't fit it. Even the hard cases still snapped closed, I ended up with the leather one with a kickstand. So I got it home around 6:30, plugged it in, and it just now read 'full charge' (it's 8:30 now)... so I'm taking it off and going to see how long this one goes on it's first charge. I understand it may take a few charges to get it to maximum capacity, but I'm still hoping the first charge puts the original battery to shame. My original battery SUCKED!!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
  15. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Please post your results with the new battery!

On a side note, please let me know how you like the kickstand case! I'm thinking of getting one but not sure.

16. droidcallx

droidcallx Well-Known Member

my battery (extended) last over 12 hours with real heavy usage (internet, emails, gaming, craigslist, ebay, texting, calling, taking pictures/videos.) I am very very pleased with the extended battery. my old battery with moderate usage would last if i was lucky 10 hours. Heavy usage maybe 8.

moral of the story pay the money buy the battery.

also i called my local store they had one in stock and thats how i bought mine. worth a try imo.
  17. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

The battery is back in stock online. Free overnight shipping. Just ordered mine. Coupon code no longer works, however.
  18. OneCheekRider

OneCheekRider New Member

I am completely new to Android and just purchased the Droid X. Perhaps I'm spending too much time playing with it, but I wish it had more battery life and it seems like the extended battery is a worthwhile purchase.

Looks like I missed out on the discounted price and unfortunately I do not qualify for a corporate discount. The verizon store near me has one in stock but after doing a quick search, I found deals on eBay where you can get 2 regular batteries and a wall charger for less than $20. That seems like a good deal. What do you think??
  19. jbhumph

Everyone has their own preferences on using two standard batteries and keeping the backup handy vs going for an extended

From everything I've heard, the extended has pleased just about everyone with its performance

The advantage, IMO, to the extended vs two standards would be having to keep up with another battery and making sure it's charged. For me, less to carry around is better lol
  20. Outlaw71

Wow, this makes me wonder what you guys mean when you say 'heavy usage' because I unplugged my phone off of the charger at 8:30 last night and it died on me at 2:30 am.... but i was using it practically constantly trying to kill it before I went to bed so i could put it on the charger and fully charge it again. So 6 hours of constant use (screen at 100% brightness and GPS turned on) on its first charge.... eeeehhh, not too bad i guess. I tell you this much, the original battery might have lasted 4 hours under the same conditions if I was LUCKY!!!

Here's the thing, one of my favorite time killers is playing 'Robo Defense', and its a total battery hog! About a week ago i woke up, took my phone off the charger, and played one game (I am on level 50, so it takes a good 45+ minutes to complete a game mind you), and when i got done the battery meter read 60%.... I was not happy! So along with a bunch of other stuff i managed to squeeze 3 games of 'Robo Defense' out in those 6 hours, so I was actually impressed. So I threw the phone on the charger last night, pulled it off at 10:30 this morning, have played 2 games of RD, had the screen on full all day, it is now 5:30 and it still reads 20%.... not quite what some people are reporting, but then I suspect I'm using mine a lot more than they must be. I'm also still waiting on Froyo (I didn't upgrade to the leaked version), so I'm also still hopeful that it will make a difference as well.

So over-all I am happy, and more than satisfied with the purchase. It's been hard for me because I jumped ship from a Blackberry Curve that i couldn't kill in a days time if i tried to. But then it didn't do half the cool stuff this phone does, so I'm not complaining.

Oh, ant the leather case + kickstand is really nice. :)
  21. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

and its out of stock.. :(
  22. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I don't see it :(
  23. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

I'm showing it as still available. Search for MOTDRDXBATX
  24. DontEatPoop

DontEatPoop Well-Known Member

woo Hoo! I ordered my extended battery and I'm not getting my Droid x till like the 16th!

25. Outlaw71

Well, after a few days of using this battery I have to report back that this is DEFINATELY the battery that should have shipped with the X. The stock battery is a joke. I got so frusterated with the stock battery that it almost ruined my Droid X experience and I started looking hard at the Blackberry Tourch because, well because Blackberry batteries kick Motorola batteries dicks in the dirt! And while this extended battery certainly doesn't keep my DX charged nearly as long as my Curve stayed charged, it's heads and shoulders better than the stock battery. Yes I still keep it plugged in whenever I can while I'm at home/work. But the difference is, when I pull it off the charger and am heading out for a spell, I no longer fear my phone dying on me like I did before. With the stock battery, even when I took it off the charger with a 100% charge, I could easily eat through that charge within a few hours of being out and about and texting with friends and family and/or surfing the web. So far, that has not happened to me with the extended battery in charge. I've kept my stock battery topped off and carry it with me when I leave, but so far I've not had to use it except for one time early on when I was trying to fully charge and fully discharge the battery a half dozen times to get it up to speed and I happened to leave the house with only a 30% charge on it. And I have to say I was amazed at how long that 30% charge carried me that night. It wasn't until after fairly heavy usage for several hours that it finally discharged completely and I replaced it with the stock battery, which at the time only had a 70% charge on it, and it ended up dying on me in less time than the extended battery with only a 30% charge lasted me... figure that?

So in summary, my conclusion is that this is a HUGE improvement over the stock unit. I dunno, maybe my stock battery was really, really, REALLY poor, because the extended battery only has like a 20% bigger charge capacity than the stocker, but it gives me MUCH more charge time than that. I was originally planning on still getting the 2500 version that Seidio is working on, but now I'm rethinking that plan as it will certainly add quite a bit of thickness to the phone and I would no longer be able to use this case. So now I'm thinking of just carrying around the stock battery wherever I go just in case I eat through the entire charge of the extended battery. Which, so far, has not been a problem.