droid x freezes alot, and camera and camcorder dont always work?

Last Updated:

1. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

would this have to do with my ROM? im running tranquility.. what do i need to do to fix these issues

Advertisement
  2. LiquidHonesty

LiquidHonesty Active Member

My wife is having the same issue...but she's on OTA 2.2 and not rooted or anything. Last night at an event....after recording two videos, the device locked with a black screen going into the camcorder.....then she was able to finally get out, and tried to take pictures and it flakes out as well. She rebooted (missed most of the part she was trying to film) and now it shows the video she had PREVIOUSLY RECORDED is "unknown format". WTF? She was close to tears........

3. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i just installed the new rubiX ROM and all of those problems are fixed! i suggest you look into it :)

4. Tumeg

Tumeg Well-Known Member

Same EXACT thing happened to me last night, at Disneyland...

5. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to me last night at dinner with OTA 2.2. There are a lot of bugs with this update. The real issue is that they are Motorola overlays. The camera and video on the unmodded stock Droid I used to have functioned perfectly. It's all the more reason to root. I would love to be able to go to stock Android 2.2. At a bare minimum, I intend to root as soon as I find the time on my DX and get rid of all the bloatware.

6. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

Happened to me at Disney world yesterday.

7. chrisjz

chrisjz Well-Known Member

My gfs video camera works, but only in QVGA. Any higher resolution, and it shows the video films in very slow. after the video is done recording all you see is a fussy mess but with sound. Anyone else having a similar problem. I have her X rooted so ill try and flash a rom.

8. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

I'm going to post this on a new thread, but thought I would quickly give you a summary update here beforehand: I rooted my phone over the weekend, renamed a bunch of the motorola widgets and apps that I never use from .apk to .bak and AMAZINGLY have not had this issue again....yet. I'll keep monitoring the situation, but so far so good. Incidentally, I also got ride of the Motorola stock Music app and am using a replacement from the market called PlayerPro. Don't know if that was the reason why or not, but the new player is fantastic.

9. jag28co

jag28co New Member

It happened 2 weeks ago to me too. We were apple picking with my 2 year old daughter and the droid did the exact same thing. I got home and I got the unknow format. Rebooted the phone and it works fine since then. I was not rooted.

10. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Just touching base after using the phone for 72 hours without an issue now. I'm convinced that it has something to do with the stock music player because ever since I rooted and deactivated it, I haven't had a problem. Thankfully.