Droid X frequently crashing and restarting after updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. mafernandes5983

mafernandes5983 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having this problem? Ever since I got the update yesterday morning, my phone has been restarting on its own. It's happened about 5 times in 24 hours. A few times I was using it but other times, it just restarted when it was sitting idle (so I guess it might have been doing it in my pocket without me knowing). I'm not rooted or anything, never put on a leaked update. I have LauncherProPlus. Anyone else getting this?

Advertisement
  2. Der Juicen

Der Juicen Well-Known Member

I've run into similar issues. Did the same thing this morning as I tried to turn off my aarms. Then a couple more times through the day.

3. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

You have auto-rotation enabled in LP+?

4. mafernandes5983

mafernandes5983 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I do. Could that be it? I'll try turning it off and see of that helps.

5. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I've heard of it giving peopl FCs on LP so it could be affecting the kernel or something after the update. You can leave auto-rotation on in your Android setting but under the LP, settings turn it off. Let me know if it works out for you :)

6. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Here we go again............

7. Der Juicen

Is there any way to manually rotate the screen when you want to with auto rotation enabled?

8. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

The auto-rotation i told him to him to disable is only for the home screen and app drawer. His apps will still rotate. I am not aware of a way to rotate the home screen manually.

9. Der Juicen

Sweet!!!! I can live without the homescreen rotating...actually would prefer it most of the tme. But I definitely need my browser and email to rotate. I'm stoked, and hope this fixes the rebooting issue for me.

10. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

After 340, my phone's still stable as it ever was (tho not quite as fast a Rubix Blurry) and I run LPP.

11. mistertwisted

mistertwisted Member

I had the same problem today after updating last night. I tried disabling theauto orientation setting and still had it crash and reboot on me. I even restored my phone and still!! So what I finally did was restore and NOT install LP and swype. Now that has worked for me thus far though im sure you don't have to restore like I did. Just try it without Launcher Pro...as painful as it might be since I know the droid x's IU is kinda ugly...I hope it isn't swype cuz I can't live without that.
    Let me know if you guys figure anything else out.

12. colchiro

Did you try uninstalling LP, then reinstalling it?

I couldn't go back to Blur.

13. mistertwisted

mistertwisted Member

Yes I did and gave it a try last night. Then this morning it rebooted on its own.

I did resort to trying a the ADW launcher instead and that seems to be working fine. I guess that's not as bad as being forced to usethe default droid skin.

14. mistertwisted

mistertwisted Member

Err....nevermind after a day on AWD it rebooted. : (

I am stomped. Who knows, it might be an actual bug in the update? I will keep researching but I am NOT going back to the blur UI.

15. colchiro

I'd try booting into recovery and clearing the cache.

You don't have an overclock app installed, do you?

16. mistertwisted

mistertwisted Member

I will try that. Nah no overclocking. ADW hasn't crashed again for me, I might consider staying there. I've discovered ADW's Galaxy S theme, and it is tempting me to stay. :D

Is your phone still stable using LPP? Might be that it doesn't like a specific setting that I changed.

17. AKH92

AKH92 New Member

I have the Droid 2 and just installed an update last week. And it doesnt matter what im using it for. It is constantly crashing and restarting. In the middle of a phone call, pandora, when my alarm clock goes off. Nothing I do seems to help. ANY SUGGESTIONS!?!?

18. mistertwisted

mistertwisted Member

It's been some time since this post. My problem had come back and even though I changed and even removed the launcher the problem persisted. So much so that I bought a different phone. I think the problem might be android or Motorola. Anyways I gave up and got a droid incredible 2. No problems like this yet. Try no launchers for a bit to see if it's really the launcher.

19. colchiro

If you're rooted, I'd boot into recovery and "fix permissions".

If not, I'd do a factory reset. You'll lose your settings, paid apps will redownload, but it might fix your issues.