• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Froyo quadrant score

yes, stagefright was baked into deodex because at the time it was believed that it was a galaxy s type fix and not a "trick" quadrant only fix.

just use root explorer and go into your build.prop and open in text editor and change the values all to false from true (there should be 4)

if you don't you won't be able to view the videos you record with your phone.
thanks, i got it. but just to be sure, i only wanna change the stagefright values?
new score: 1380

Upvote 0
1360, Rooted OTA 2.2 running LPP. Not the highest but I noticed it was a little higher than the previous time I tried to run it. I had closed down a few apps that were running in the background, which brings up a few questions.

1) Will widgets affect the score? For example, LPP Facebook widget or Moon Deluxe Widget? What about Tapatalk widgets?

2) What is the .apk that I have to rename in order to get the annoying stock Calendar off my phone? What about the BLUR Messenger service that sometimes runs in the background, can I get rid of that?

3) Also, my phone seem to launch latitude everytime I power it on. I RARELY use latitude but I'd like to have it on the phone for the once in a blue moon time I do use it. I just don't want it to load everytime I turn the phone on. Any way around that?

EDIT - Tried a few minutes later and got a score of 1485. Not sure what the difference was ... how can I get a gap of 125 when I didn't do anything in between tests?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
You can still play videos with the stagefright hack, you just can't use the stock video player. Rockplayer should work though.

good to know. but the fix cant be any easier...."just use root explorer and go into your build.prop and open in text editor and change the values all to false from true (there should be 4)"
credit goes to...nitsuj17

Upvote 0
Quadrant scores don't matter at all. I was consistently getting mid 1300s, and so I restored the phone to see if I could get a higher score. After the restore, I downloaded quadrant and ran it without any additional programs installed and was getting mid 800s.

I ran it 5 times, and then finally got a 1573, which was my highest ever. Tried to duplicate it, and started getting mid 1300s again.

Since then, I've hit the low 1400s two or three times, but it's really all over the place.

I recommend you all just uninstall quadrant because there really is no point with all the variance.

Upvote 0
Hi all...this is my first post here but I have been lurking and learning for some time. I run a stock DX with 2.2 with hardly any customizing done to it...I usually get high quadrant scores ...I just ran it and scored 1540... I also have very few issues with this phone...it reaaly rocks! The only thing that I contribute it to is that I got my DX the day after the OTA 2.2 came out and after turning on my brand new DX, for the first time, the first thing I did after the initial set up was the Ota update...and this phone seems to just fly. This is probably the greatest piece of technology I own and thanks to you guys you keep me informed....Thanks

MateJJ

Upvote 0
Quadrant scores don't matter at all. I was consistently getting mid 1300s, and so I restored the phone to see if I could get a higher score. After the restore, I downloaded quadrant and ran it without any additional programs installed and was getting mid 800s.

I ran it 5 times, and then finally got a 1573, which was my highest ever. Tried to duplicate it, and started getting mid 1300s again.

Since then, I've hit the low 1400s two or three times, but it's really all over the place.

I recommend you all just uninstall quadrant because there really is no point with all the variance.

Yes but it looks cool when it runs and I love to see the My Device banner with my score, standing triumphantly above the other devices listed, LOL!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones