Droid X (Froyo) won't recognize spare battery?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. acey612

acey612 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I have two spare batteries that I bought on ebay, and they have been working great with my Droid X until I upgraded to Froyo. Now when I use the "Spares" my phone works, but it displays a "?" where the battery reading is supposed to go in the task bar, therefore not telling me how much charge is holds, and when I try to charge the phone with a "Spare" in it, it says it's an unrecognized battery and cannot charge it.

Anyone have a fix? I will root if I have to.

Which BTW, which is the easiest way to root Droid X with Froyo lately? Does the one click method still work?

THANKS!

Advertisement
  2. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

I read that froyo isn't recognizing off brand batts.

3. acey612

acey612 Active Member This Topic's Starter

That's the funny thing, my spare is made in the same factory as motorola makes their batteries. It's not an off brand, it's simply not the one that came with the phone when I bought it. Kind of odd.

Any other input is appreciated

4. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

Does the battery have the Motorola logo on it? I have the same problem and have two friends with the same thing as well. It seems that Froyo includes something that makes this happen to any non Motorola branded batteries. Their way of trying to screw people for going to third parties for stuff when they sell it for more.

5. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

6. sdavis630

sdavis630 Member

Does any of the battery apps help? i just use the regular battery, I have the car dock so it lasts just fine. I do have a friend that's having this problem though. She uses a cradle and ends up changing batteries through the day. I'm sure not recognizing it has to drain it faster.

7. yahooeu

yahooeu New Member

I had the same problem with non Motorola battery. That's why you dont see any more non Motorola battery on Ebay for Droid X. Froyo did not recognize even
    Amzer