Droid X Frozen at "Big M"

1. bfuerst

bfuerst Member

Hi All,

I've been a long time lurker and have been loving my new droid x since August. I decided that I was going to install custom roms so I rooted and download the custom recovery. When i decided to flash the rom (for the record I have flash countless Touch Pro 2 roms so it wasnt my first time doing it) I must have messed something up because now I can not get passed the Big M loading screen ... I tried to go into recovery mode and reset my data/cache but that didnt fix it and also go into the bootloader and flash the sbf file. The only problem with flashing the sbf file is that I cannot get my computer to recognize motorolla's drivers (i am running 32bit windows 7) because whenever i plug in my droid x i get an error message saying failed to mount. What is my best option? Thanks guys

Advertisement
    :
  2. cashX3r0

cashX3r0 Well-Known Member

The drivers can be found here in this forum if you search. Adb drivers might help you to. Check the sticky. It will lead you in the right direction. Many have had usb connection issues.
  3. bfuerst

bfuerst Member

thanks for your response but still no luck from what ive read most people need to to usb debugging to get it to work but since i cannot boot up my phone i cannot do anything with usb debugging

also i forgot to mention that this happened when i upgraded from Apex RC1 to RC2
  4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

can you get into the boot loader to flash the sbf?
    plug usb into phone
    start rsd lite
    with phone off hit power button+volume down+camera button at the same time for 2-3 seconds then release them you should get into the boot loader to flash with rsd
  5. bfuerst

bfuerst Member

thanks for the help ...
    i can get the phone into the bootloader after i charged the battery by wires but what i cannot get the phone to do is to be recognized by windows. whenever i plug it in phone i cannot get it to be recognized after installing just about every driver i could find ... i am running out of ideas so if any one knows a way to get my computer to recognize my phone it would be very helpful
  6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

are you trying to use rsd lite to flash the sbf?
  7. bfuerst

bfuerst Member

thanks tom108 ... yes but i cannot get my phone to be recognized by rsd lite thus i cannot flash
  8. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

same problem here, i just screwed my phone up installing apex and cant get past the "m" did a factory reset to no avail.....need the rsd link and any help available, PLEASE!!!!!
  9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

make sure you guys are patching rsd lite when you install it. also I found installing motoconnect and uninstalling all other usb drivers works the best. Sounds like guys forgot to mount the system when you installed the rom. Just be sure to patch the ini file or rsd will not recognize your phone.
    bfuerst and jxker like this.
  10. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Does the 4.8 rsd require a patch? I used it Saturday without patching it and everything worked fine.
  11. jreed2560

probably not. I forgot that was even out as I haven't used it.
    jxker likes this.
  12. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

now this will work even though i cant get past the "m" downloading the sbf now and just sitting here worrying
  13. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the beauty of the sbf file, you can recover from about any situation with it.
  14. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Well-Known Member

Yes. It will work. Just follow the instructions. Many a bootlooped X has been resurrected with this file. Is it too early for a drink?
  15. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

6 more minutes to finish download, i remember when i borked my original droid, the stress is greater here because i can actually brick this one, :eek:
  16. cygnusloop

cygnusloop Well-Known Member

As was said, with the 2.2 SBF, you really can't brick it. It will all be fine. This process works.
  17. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

here i go
  18. jreed2560

good lock and ask someone else if you have any trouble ;) lol
  19. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

doesnt see device, i have the drivers and rsd lite 4.8 installed
  20. jreed2560

did you install motoconnect. I have never gotten the drivers to work that come with the rsd lite
  21. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

have those installed and no go

now all i do is plug phone into puter (xp) and phone goes right to "m" when i load rsd nothing shows, i try loading the sbf file but it has nowhere to install
  22. jreed2560

Oh you don't want the M. You want to boot into bootloader mode. you do this by powering the phone down. In this order press and hold the camera, volume down, and power button. The screen will flash and you will have a solid black screen with white lettering. Should say something like bootloader ver. 30.1 or something to that affect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r6q9Foom1o
    jxker likes this.
  23. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member

okay i got to the boot screen, shows usb when i plug it into phone but still doesnt show on computer though drivers were detected but rsd doesnt detect
  24. jreed2560

did you reboot your computer after you installed the drivers?