• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X gets smoother over time

Unfortunately, this makes no sense.

Imagination is fun though isn't it :rolleyes:

Have u ever tried running Froyo?

I have seen this happen already running Froyo at initial boot up on my Droid. Running Froyo u had to let the phone sit for at least 1/2 an hour before even trying to use it. So some of us have seen something like this already before using the X.

The slowness with the X could be scanning the sd card, scanning the memory, etc. Who knows. When I get mine this evening I will see what it could be. It could be the auto syncing if coming from another Android phone.

Reactions: damstr
Upvote 0
I just got my X like 2 hours ago now and it is a complete snail! I have rebooted it twice and still it will not keep up with my texting. I run no other apps other than messaging and I've deleted all the widgets and am not using a live wallpaper. I really need to figure out whats going on because its so laggy and making me so frustrated. Again, no apps are running, I haven't even went into the market place yet.

Even turning on the phone, the screen takes a while to come up and the opening animations are all glitchy. Happens every start up, even the first start up!

If you haven't installed too much stuff you may want to do a full reset and start over. Hard menu button, settings, privacy, factory data reset.

Upvote 0
I just played with it in the store, the thing was a snail. And the screen was not as responsive as my incredible or my EVO! First time I'm doing this......I'm going to wait! After a few days of reviews I'll decide on whether or not to pull the trigger.

Don't troll. I had an Evo and have used several DIncs. DX is faster than both. DX also has a more accurate screen.

Upvote 0
Have u ever tried running Froyo?

I have seen this happen already running Froyo at initial boot up on my Droid. Running Froyo u had to let the phone sit for at least 1/2 an hour before even trying to use it. So some of us have seen something like this already before using the X.

The slowness with the X could be scanning the sd card, scanning the memory, etc. Who knows. When I get mine this evening I will see what it could be. It could be the auto syncing if coming from another Android phone.

+1:)

Upvote 0
Is it true you cannot resize widgets using this launcher?

For now.
You can still add widgets, just no resizing...
I believe resizing functionality is coming in LauncherPro.
I showed L.P. to some of the vets @ the corporate store & they were amazed on how fast & fluid everything ran.
Like butter even with the 3D app drawer enabled.
The Reps really loved the homescreen rotated in landscape mode.

Upvote 0
For now.
You can still add widgets, just no resizing...
I believe resizing functionality is coming in LauncherPro.
I showed L.P. to some of the vets @ the corporate store & they were amazed on how fast & fluid everything ran.
Like butter even with the 3D app drawer enabled.
The Reps really loved the homescreen rotated in landscape mode.

You can also enable the HQ scrolling and it doesn't slow it down a bit.

Upvote 0
you mean you backed up a app from your previous android phone? yes that may be an issue. Some apps work fine backed up, and some dont and cause issues on your device. I know it has been a issue for me in the past, now i only fresh install.

Yep and not only that they were backups that required root :) I should have done it with a more traditional backup but didn't think of it.

Upvote 0
Don't troll. I had an Evo and have used several DIncs. DX is faster than both. DX also has a more accurate screen.

First off, I'm no Troll u clown. The phone was extremely slow, I wasn't talking bad about the phone, just saying it was slow, the one I used anyway. But I'll consider who I'm talkin to, a person who went through....an EVO AND Several incredibles. In about a week you'll find something wrong with your X.

Seriously, some people forget what a forum is for. It's to voice your opinion, and ask, as well as answer questions, not call people Trolls who state what they see when they try out a device. Get lost pal.

Upvote 0
I don't know about the speed.

But my phone was getting pretty accurate at the battery percentage, but 10 mins before i updated i plugged my phone in (after 13 hrs) and it was at 30%, then after the update it was all the sudden at 100% (took about 10 mins to update). So either the update made the phone charge 20x faster or it didn't fix it :(

Your phone rebooted after the update right? If so that explains the jump in battery life.

The update hopefully fixes the way the system reads the remaining battery power because it's really wacky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones