Droid X Horrible Battery Life

Last Updated:

1. SergD94

SergD94 Member This Topic's Starter

HELP ME. i just got my droid x a few days ago and i love it but i cant stand the battery. it just doesnt last me a whole day. and the display, 57%!?!?!?!??! are you kidding me?! wow. can someone give me tips on how to tweak settings and apps to download to make this better. also i heard that advanced task killer can actually be good if you use it as a widget? should i get an 1800mAh battery? someone help me im really pissed

Advertisement
  2. dullard

dullard Member

I'm new to Android, but have been learning. I have chosen to stay away from app killers and just tweak the heck out of as many settings as possible. The next OS update has a Force Stop option built-in for applications. Probably the most important thing I did for batery life was to initially use my X until it shut itself off. Then I recharged it overnight without disturbing it. Then I did that again, letting it shut itself off. Battery life improved noticeably. Experienced forum members please correct this if inaccurate. Good luck!

3. Starfleet Captain

Starfleet Captain Well-Known Member

Dullard gave some good advice. If you use the facebook app, I'd also advise that you update it if you haven't already done so. A recent update to the facebook app has been shown to have a problem draining batteries on Android devices. This was promptly fixed, so I suggest you check that out as well.

4. SergD94

SergD94 Member This Topic's Starter

ok another thing is that when i first got it i didnt charge it til it was fully charged i just started using it right out of the box cuz thats what verizon told me to do. does it really make a difference what you do? also how do you make it go dark? i heard that somewhere.