Droid X in-store availability?

Last Updated:

1. silliybilly

silliybilly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm thinking of giving VZW another try and I'm wondering what type of in-store availability the Droid X has? Is it sold out pretty much everywhere like the EVO? I'm not an on-line buyer so in-store is the way I go!! I know Best Buy has a waiting list. Just wondering what type of supply VZW corporate stores are experiencing. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Yes. Its sold out, and verizon is telling people they will get delivery within 3 weeks now.

Some people are getting them sooner, but its a crapshoot.

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I was in a store tonight and they expect to be back in stock by the first week of august for both the dinc and the x. They told me vzw is starting to loose customers over the shortages. The X is a logical problem not inventory but HTC issue is the screens are being changed which is holding up the dinc. I think Verizon and the two manufacturers learned a big lesson over the shortages and it hit them were it hurts right in their pocket book!

4. silliybilly

I wonder where those customers are going? The EVO's are sold out everywhere and iPhone 4's are hard to get also! You can't just walk into a store and get 3 of the "hottest" phones this summer. So I think all 3 carriers just have frustrated customers and wanna be new customers!

5. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart and other retailers also carry the device, it maybe hit and miss, if you have to buy "in-store". The Wal-Mart on-line price is currently $149 w/free shipping and no taxes.

6. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

It no different then trying to buy a WII a few christmases ago, when it was launched, but supply should be better much faster.

7. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

Try this... I know it may sound crazy but I read an article a few days ago about Verizon and there "sold out" phones.

Call a store and say you are a new customer, they will treat you differently, according to the article I read they treat new vs current customers way different... They also supposedly have a reserve for "new" customers (a unit or two in stock).

Not sure if it is possible but doesn't hurt to try!

8. jwthrush

jwthrush Well-Known Member

I went to a store last week and they had sold out of X's the day before but the guy had one Dinc. I cried. lol Also thought it was rare to find that Dinc though.

9. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Where I have not heard them keeping phones in stock they do treat new customers different. On many occations the new customer will get bumped to the top of the list on the orders. I have heard of this but can not prove it but I can prove it with Sprint. I talked with them about the EVO and the rep told me I would get mine over returing customers. They told me they had about 20 people on the list at the time. And while I was talking with them a order came in and since we were talking about the EVO they asked if I wanted to change right now since they just got 2 in and had not called the first 2 on the list.

10. jon vito

jon vito Member

100% true, i have a couple friends who work for verizon and they have a "new customer reserve"...he told me they had one in store TODAY and i said i couldve just got it from him instead of ordering online and waiting for my shipment...not so fast he says...new contracts only

11. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Yeah when i initially called my verizon on launch day

I was told they were only selling them to new customers...

I understand the fact that new customers means more money but have respect for customers who have been with you already

It should be first come first serve

especially for people buying at full retail...i mean doesn't verizon make like 600 bucks upfront as well as the ongoing monthly charges

12. fr4c

fr4c Member

Your best bet at this point is to check Walmart, and/or Costco to see if they have any in stock. Both places offer the phone for $199 with instant rebate, with Costco usually throwing in some free accessories as well.

But you might be able to get it faster from Amazon (they are OOS right now) if you want to order it online as a last resort.

13. silliybilly

I'll have to check out a few of the Walmarts to the area. I always forget that they sell VZW. No biggie if I can't find one. I'm torn between getting another EVO or jumping on the Droid X bandwagon.

14. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

The DX is awesome, and the forthcoming froyo update in the next 2 weeks will give it about 20% faster speed. Our sams club here only has gotten in two total since launch.