Droid X in this weeks Best Buy sale ad

Last Updated:

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ad says "Don't get left behind. Pre-order your Droid X by Motorola in stores or today". Or today??? But if you click on the link in the ad it says Pre-order your Droid X in stores or online today. Of course we all have see that the second round of pre-orders do not guarantee you a phone on launch day.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    nevergonnauseth and Gamble like this.
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Good find.

3. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Thanks!

Garemlin is my 2nd account. :p

4. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member

You should realize that even the first round of pre-ordering from Best Buy does not GUARANTEE a phone either.

Supposedly they will have enough stock to meet the first round of pre-orders, but if they have more pre-orders than they have stock then the stock is ditributed by order of pre-order.

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

yeah i saw that this morning to although im #2 in line for 1st preorders so im guessing i will get one on launch day

6. Vihzel

I actually decided not to preorder this phone but instead, I'm just going to call every Best Buy and Verizon Wireless when they open and ask if they have any in stock. I wonder if the phones at Verizon will be cheaper...

7. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

if you are buying full retail usually verizon is a little cheaper then best buy but who knows with this phone. Every time i go to the mall or there is a verizon store i ask and they all say they are getting X's on the 15th so hopefully thats a good sign that they all are getting them and hopefully have them in stock

8. Garemlin

At the VZW store you will have to pay full $299 price and then wait for the mail-in rebate. And good luck getting a positive response about in stock inventory on launch day. They are gonna be so slammed with customers in the store that they will prolly tell you that they are out of stock.

9. Vihzel

I'm paying full retail. :p I don't think they'll be as slammed as when the Incredible was launched. The Incredible took a LOT of Verizon customers away that would have otherwise gone for the X.

10. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I walked in on launch day of the incredible and there were 2 other people in the store so they were by no means "slammed" Maybe in your area but not in every area are they going to be slammed im sure alot of areas will have plenty to meet demand. And I live in a pretty techy area

11. Garemlin

Well the DI didn't have the exposure that the DX is having. Press conference. News coverage. Full page ads in the NY Times. Teaser trailers on TV a month before release. I may be wrong though. They might not be slammed and anyone will be able to go in on launch day and pick up one. I actually hope that is the case so no one has to walk away empty handed.

12. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

More people knew about the incredible then you may think. If it was the case they wouldnt have all the backorders that they still have to this day. Just because it didnt have all the exposure doesnt mean people dont know about it. Also look at the dare it had all kinds of ads and everything when it came out(i know its not a smartphone) but they had plenty in stock so it just depends on how many they have and how many people go get it.

13. Aookay

Aookay Well-Known Member

Hey! It's that thing I couldn't tell you guys about until today. I was excited when they first told us :)

14. Garemlin

Well I knew about it way before it was announced. I'm sure you did and almost anyone that frequents phone forums and tech sites did as well. I just don't remember there being the fanfare for the DI as there is for the DX. Hell it wasn't ever posted in any sale ad until after it was released.

But like I said I hope everyone who wants a DI is able to get one on launch day. Nothing worse than sitting around watching while other people are having fun.

15. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Awesome! And my local Best Buy just told me yesterday that Pre-Orders were done

16. Guardsix

Guardsix Guest

How do you know what # you are for the Best Buy pre-order? I did a pre-order on 6/26 but all I have is a gift card and receipt! :confused:

17. Vihzel

It's only for special people. ;)

18. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

I like how the Android guy is peaking out from behind the phone. Haha

19. dennygreen

dennygreen Well-Known Member

Why do they say you can preorder online, when you clearly cannot. And then the "in store or today" thing. What the hell were they smoking when they made this ad?

20. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member

I think it originally was going to be "...in store or online today", then they wanted it to just say in store - so whoever was supposed to fix the ad did not do it so well.