Droid X Infected by a Worm?!?!?!

1. hova15

hova15 Member

What Worm that is infecting the Droid X handsets!?!?!? :confused::confused:

LA News Monitor

Droid X 2.2 Froyo SMS & Sound Issues, What's The Solution?

25 September, 2010

It had been a long, eternal wait for the real deal to come after the promise of it had come in way, way too early. Verizon had long promised its subscribers to upgrade its favorite smartphone, the Droid X from Motorola, with the latest Android 2.2 Froyo operating system.

And after the long wait, it indeed came, the upgrade in the OS. So has the upgrade really been worth the wait? Has the keeping of the promise paid off as it should have? We find out.

Well the upgrade from Verizon came with its fair share of problems. There have been quite a few glitches reported after the Droid X was upgraded with the Android 2.2 Froyo ROM. The latest issue has been one of its SMS service. Many customers reported that the delivery and receipt of messages were being recorded on faulty date and times as the upgrade has altered the settings of the phone. The problem has been detected in all sorts of messages including those delivered by third parties.

The customers are not empty handed though. Motorola has acted very promptly in their response to these issues. They have been pro active in responding to customer complaints via their forums and blogs. Motorola has assured its fans that all the issues will be resolved promptly.

They are already are developing a fix for the worm that has infected all handsets of the Verizon Droid X. the release date for the fix hasnt been confirmed yet. However, Verizon have got too much at stake here to let it grow this way.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Where did you get "worm" from?
  3. hova15

hova15 Member

i apologize, the red paragraph at the end is part of the article, I highlighted and changed color for emphasis but missed the mark.

The article says that there's a worm.
  4. mulveyr

mulveyr Active Member

Considering that the "article" appears to have been written by someone who never made it past sixth grade, the assertion that there's a worm in the update is simply laughable.
  5. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

Source: LA News Monitor. They have written some absolutely atrocious articles in the past. To say that this one is poor would be an understatement.
  6. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

so is this why my droid doesnt vibrate on email or SMS anymore?
  7. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I don't see how a worm could get in my phone. I mean I have a case and all :p
    rbh5081 likes this.
  8. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I'm really tired of some companies pointing at someone or something else and not being able to speak up and admit fault. Consumers would trust certain companies a lot more if they would just be straight with them, instead of trying to constantly cover their asses. I can't tell if it really was Motorola that said it's a, "worm," or if it's just the faulty thinking of whoever wrote the article, but it made me think of that sort of thing.
  9. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Interesting little article! That said I think I'll remain skeptical until I see confirmation of this in a more established and reputable rag.

Oh and for anyone interested here's a link to the article that the OP referenced in the first post:

Droid X 2.2 Froyo SMS & Sound Issues, What's The Solution?
  10. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Given that the words "droid x worm" return this thread as the first search result, and the article appears to be written by someone with the IQ of the box the Droid X came in, I'd say we probably shouldn't put too much stock in it.

You know, as likely as it is that some random idiot at the LA News Monitor is privvy to unique information and decided to mention it as a footnote in a random article...
  11. kappo9000

kappo9000 Member

I snicker at this type of article. There are multiple things wrong with this post:

1) Why were you reading one of the least accurate "news" sources.
    2) The guy who wrote the article obviously bought a 3g and learned to text at some point, so he's "good at the internets"
    3) The word "worm" in the article seems arbitrary and the author doesn't appear to have any idea what it actually means.
  12. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

So this "worm" only infects the DX and no other Android phone? DX is the only phone mentioned.

Sounds like BS to me.
  13. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Based on the fact that the DX's bootloader is the hardest in history of any phone to crack I find it hard to believe a worm could infect the operating system. There are a lot of other easier targets, like apple products.
    rbh5081 likes this.
  14. rjoudrey

Also, how would these people find out about it before anyone here?
  15. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Check your settings. In the SMS app, the vibrate function is checked off, so check it back on and you should be good to go!

Also, this article is BS, the guy is an idiot who wrote it. No worm, just a bug!
  16. Montuhotep

Montuhotep Well-Known Member

Lmao. Maybe we can take our phones fishing and use it as bait. I'm sure that's some big mouth bass that wil find the worm and the DX attractive! Haha
  17. rjoudrey

This brings new meaning to "Droid Does".
  18. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

download "sound manager" it will fix the sms vibrate problem! Theres a whole thread on it!
  19. Montuhotep

Montuhotep Well-Known Member

Lmao. Maybe we can take our phones fishing and use it as bait. I'm sure that's some big mouth bass that wil find the worm and the DX attractive! Haha