Droid X is the best "Non-phone" that I've ever owned!Support

Last Updated:

1. samshady

samshady New Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, let me say that I have been a happy Verizon customer for about 10 years now. I jumped the Sprint ship years ago when I couldn't hold a signal in my own house to make or keep calls. I will stay VZW for as long as necessary. In fact, I am so loyal that I am not like one of the several friends of mine that jumped VZW's ship to get the iPhone a few years back.

I have always enjoyed being the first to have the latest smartphones (which I've had plenty of them), with the Droid falling just short of the iPhone in comparison...until last Thursday! I was lucky enough to stand in line for about 35 minutes and get my hands on a new Droid X! This phone is awesome...couldn't complain. I have got to admit that it blows the old Droid away, which I just got around March/April.

HOWEVER, I am here to advertise that I have the worst of luck with this new phone. My problem must be so rare that I can't (and neither can Verizon Techs or Customer Service) seem to find a solution anywhere!

I have read here and there that users have reported that their signal drops from 3G to 1X, but can SOMEBODY please tell me if they can help me?

PROBLEM:

I may have full bars when initiating a phone call, but once it connects, bye-bye bars! I am lucky if I can make it through a 15-second conversation with anyone before the call drops.

Troubleshooting:

There are no bumpers or methods of holding my phone that has led to this, it just flat-out loses its bars, and almost all calls get lost. I took my phone to the store, and they tried battery pulls, hard resets, and pretty much gave up on trying to fix my phone. They couldn't even order a replacement for me, because they said that they didn't have any in their "virtual inventory." In fact, they spent so much time blowing me off in the store, that the original guy that was helping me took off for lunch!

Good news, is that after I spoke with a very helpful customer service rep at the 800 number, she will have a new one shipped out on the 27th. I cross my fingers on that one...

Bum deal that I even have to wait that long :( On the flipside of not having a working phone, I can browse the Internet, Wi-Fi tether my iPad with blazing speeds, rent Blockbuster videos, update my Facebook status, and text the heck out of my friends...joy!!!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

*228 option 2 done?

3. samshady

samshady New Member This Topic's Starter

3 times...