Droid X + iTunes + MacBook Pro = Frustrated!Support

Last Updated:

1. CPT ROOSTER

CPT ROOSTER Member This Topic's Starter

OK ... first of all, I can't get enough of this site.

NOW ... my issue. I downloaded doubletwist to the DX and to the MacBook. When I mounted the DX, I could see the SD card. When I created a playlist in doubletwist and sync'd some of the music made it to the DX. The MP3s made it over. The music in iTunes format, such as the songs I bought through the Apple store, did not make it over.

I am sure there is a way to fix this, but I have now spent hours on this ... when I just want to listen to my music. The music that I actually BOUGHT! Grrrr ...

You all rock .. thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Agfox

Agfox Active Member

If they are old AAC DRM protected files they won't be able to play / sync. If you update the songs to the plus versions in iTunes (costs a little bit per song) that should allow them to work as expected.

CPT ROOSTER likes this.
  3. CPT ROOSTER

I am not sure how I can pay a bit more for those songs, also, the CDs I uploaded converted to that format! UGH ... I am officially hating Apple right now.

4. Agfox

Agfox Active Member

CPT ROOSTER likes this.
  5. CPT ROOSTER

OK ... I may have a solution. I will burn Mp3 cds from my iTunes ... then create a new folder for the mp3s ... in a folder outside of iTunes. Then I should be able to drop them onto my sd card when I connect. If that's possible, I will be a happy man. It will take a while, but I need to break the iTunes cage. 'Cause when you put me in a cage, I come out in beast mode.

6. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

Itunes plus songs work fine as AgFox mentioned, plus they sound 100x better than MP3 files to boot. I usually burn stuff to lossless, or 320kbps AAC for listening on portable devices. The itunes plus songs are 256k encoded. I can't stand 128k files, and songs off Amazon MP3 sound absolutely horrible.

CPT ROOSTER likes this.