Droid X keeps Rebooting...why? And 2.2??Support

Last Updated:

1. Faith457

Faith457 New Member This Topic's Starter

My DX keeps rebooting...I've only had it about 4 days and it keeps randomly rebooting. Very frustrating when I'm in the middle of a call or something of importance. Does any1 know why and or how to correct this prob? I really love this phone tho. :( HELP!
    Also does any1 know when this device will get 2.2?

Advertisement
  2. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

Apparently some responses from Motorola reps representatives during discussions on their developer forum addressing some Microsoft Exchange issues noted that "A fix for this will be included in the upgrade to Android 2.2 scheduled for deployment by early September." So "by early September" currently seems most likely for a Froyo update.

3. Faith457

Thk u so much! I really hope so, b/c it would really stink if I'm stuck with a phone that doesn't work properly. My 30 day warranty will be up Aug 21...hmmm, what to do. :confused:

4. unknowndroid

unknowndroid Well-Known Member

Constant rebooting is not normal and should not be acccepted. I had a similar problem with my X from release day. It was good for almost 2 weeks and then started locking and random reboots. Could be an app you have installed. I did a Factory Reset, and didn't install any apps at all and it was still locking and rebooting within an hour. At that point, it was clear it wans't anything I added.

Best advice is:

1) if you noticed this specifially start right after you installed an app, uninstall that app and see what happends.

2) If it continues, do a Factory Reset, and let it run for a day without installing any additional apps. If it is still rebooting, take it back to the store and have it exchanged.

3) If after Factory Reset issue is solved, add apps back slowly and if it happpens again, note the last app you added and remove and see what happens.

Rebooting on its own is NOT NORMAL and 2.2 likely will have little impact.

5. Faith457

Thk u thk u! I did do a factory reset this morning & have NOT added any apps yet...so we'll see what happens. Nothing yet, but much too soon to tell.

6. MancusoX

MancusoX Well-Known Member

My Droid X used to restart all the time when I had Advanced Task Killer. Once I uninstalled it, it finally stopped.

7. rollbuddha

rollbuddha Member

Faith, what was the verdict?? I'm having the same issue.

8. B4hill

B4hill New Member

Mine is doing the same thing. I have had it less than a week. Driving me NUTS!

9. mike145

mike145 Well-Known Member

Same issue here. The problem was Advance Task Killer. I turned off auto kill and it has been 2 days now and it seems to have fixed the problem.

10. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

"auto kill" option in ATK is a root of a lot random problems... Once you disable it and perhaps go through a list of recently installed apps and clean it up, also do a hard reset by turning the phone off, removing the battery, and putting battery back in. Does a nice memory cleansing :)

11. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

how do you do a factory reset?

12. fishdog021

fishdog021 New Member

Same problems here! Verizon is sending me a new phone. 5 days old!!!

Here is a Hard Reset.

Turn off. Then wait 10 seconds. Now push the power button and the Home button at the same time for 10-15 seconds. a new window will pop up with the android guy and a tryangle. push the home button one time. This will bring you to a Dos style window. Then use the audio volume buttons to move the highlighted bar down the the 3rd option. Then press the camera button to select. REMEMBER!!! this removes EVERYTHING!! so your apps will be gone yet you can get then back by reloading them from your google account

13. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Lol just lol

14. Matreyu

Matreyu Well-Known Member

my DX randomly reboots and I don't have any ATK, although I do run Lookout mobile security. This morning I was listening to a Listen podcast when it decided to reboot. I even had the phone in airplane mode! I've had this phone since August. First the gallery, now more and more random rebooting. What's the point of having a phone with no apps?!

I recently tried to save some money and downgrade from unlimited data to 150mb/mo. Now I'm seeing an average of 10mb of data or more per day and that's only on the 15 minute drive to AND from work (rest of day in airplane mode since I work in basement)! What's up with that!!

15. Jramsay1121

Jramsay1121 New Member

I have gone to Verizon 10 times in the past month to try and fix my rebooting problem on my Droid X, they have replaced the phone 4 times already & my 5th phone is still rebooting. I believe it is the GINGERBREAD OS. DON'T UPDATE if you have not already. Let Motorola work out all the problems before updating! Their second Gingerbread update did not fix the problem. I would not mind getting my phone replaced again if I did not have to spend 2 - 3 Hours setting up my phone every time.

If anyone knows any other solutions... please help!

16. Matreyu

Matreyu Well-Known Member

Solution: drop the X for something else. Can't say you didn't give it your all.

17. pmactoo48

pmactoo48 New Member

My droid restarted more than 5 times in an hour. After reading some posts here, I disabled my app killer from auto kills and have not had a problem since.