• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Keyboard now available for ALL PHONES!

I got this and swype at the same time. After using swype, I am sold and done. No other keyboard needed. This is better then a physical keypad.

I gotta say I've been using Swype lately and it's pretty awesome. It does take a little getting use to.

Hmmm,....I gotta say...SwiftKey is pretty darn fast....Not sure which is faster Swype or SwiftKey.

Upvote 0
All of the keyboard replacements have that disclaimer. It's mandatory and you just make sure you don't download one from some iphone developer in china.
maybe i'm just being paranoid but i downloaded the hosted file above the multi touch keyboard works perfectly BUT it scared me when i read that it was recording ALL of my keystrokes and password information. Does anyone else have this problem?

Upvote 0
If you want the arrows in swype... open up a text field for typing, and swype from the swype button in the bottom left corner of the screen to the button directly next to in on the right (ABC and Symbol button). That will open up the input menu with arrows.

Wow B-Ran, you received quite a bit of thanks on that little tip.

For all of you who weren't aware of this trick, you may want to visit the swype site for video tutorials on some really neat things. This includes adding words, using the selection menu (swyping from swype key to abc key), changing speed for accuracy, how to check words in the end of typing, and much more. Check it out, it's really helpful.

Swype | Text Input for Screens

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones