Droid X keyboard on Evo

Last Updated:

1. jerzeywill

jerzeywill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded Droid X multitouch keyboard for Evo. It's so much better than Sense keyboard. Anyone else is using it?

Advertisement
  2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

It is better, mostly because it's multi-touch. That being said, I've not stopped using swype =)

3. XOS THW

XOS THW Well-Known Member

I don't understand, why is SWYPE not available on my evo when i go to the market???

4. jerzeywill

jerzeywill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How you can get swype keyboard on Evo?

5. pwnst*r

XOS THW and jerzeywill like this.
  6. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that the keyboard seems to lag really bad when used to type on the forums? It seems that its super fast when used for texting but the lag is really bad wben usejng it on the net.

7. pokerjv

pokerjv Active Member

yeah i love the droid keyboard other than the super lag on the browsers

8. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

I tried the Droid X multitouch keyboard, and honestly I don't see what the big deal is.

How does the multi-touch make a difference? Typing on it seemed exactly the same to me, but maybe there are different multi-touch gestures you can use that I don't know about.

Anyways, I am currently using Swype right now and I love it but it is the older pre-beta version so it is a little buggy. I think it comes out for the Droid X on July 15th, so I can't wait for someone to rip the final version out of it and post it.

9. pwnst*r

Since it's true multi-touch you should be able to type faster. Also, holding shift/etc is great.

hawt likes this.
  10. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

Oh that makes sense. I noticed that I couldn't hold shift on the Sense keyboard before but didn't put it together with the lack of multi-touch.

Thanks for the response!

11. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

I noticed browser lag as well. would love to know how to eliminate that.

12. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

My question is, how is "holding shift" faster than double-tapping the shift button to get all caps? Not trying to be smart, just been contemplating downloading this, while still keeping Swype (which is awesome). I actually don't mind the OEM keyboard at all, but love having the options.

13. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

I removed Swype for this Droid X one. Far better, IMO.

14. pwnst*r

That's not the typing faster part I was referring to. When you type on the droid k/b, it'll register ALL inputs in sequence, even if you haven't lifted your finger from the previous letter. In theory, that will be faster.

drexappeal likes this.
  15. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I'm probably gonna d.l. it at some point (just trying to decide if I'm going to still trade in for the white evo I pre-ordered).

16. pwnst*r

No problem!

17. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

I think it would be faster. I know when I first learned to type on EVO, I would miss keys because I was trying to go too fast, second finger hitting screen before first finger left, so I learned I have to wait .000001 sec for the first finger to leave the screen. Ridiculously small difference, but still a difference, and convenience too.

18. kqt728

kqt728 Member

I know that this keyboard is supposed to be multitouch (im posting this from my evo on the droid x keyboard.) It does have multi touch but it doesnt allow for faster typing. When i type too fast on this keyboard, i get letter skips. The dictionary on the droid x keyboard is also a letdown compared to sense. I often find the keyboard accepting my mispelling even when there is a correct sugestion right next to it. I do enjoy the layout of this keyboard much more than sense and that is why i use it, but there is much room for improvement. I wish there was an updated patch fix or something.