• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X keyboard

ive been trying to get it for a while now and one site i got it off of any time i would install it it would keep force closing every time i opened my keyboard.

my phone is not rooted..its that why i cant get it , can someone help me with a good d/l link for a non-rooted user?

same problem and than the other links wen i go to download they say there is no program to run this file ??? Wats up ?

Upvote 0
Watching and waiting patiently here. I also tried the several downloads, and none worked. All force closed. Currently using the Vlingo keyboard, but wanting the Drioid X one.

I'm waiting as well. I remember the Droid X keyboard being available with 2.1, and that's probably the version thats FCing on you. That QWERTZ keyboard is awesome, if only it weren't QWERTZ..... I might finally have an acceptable replacement for the default keyboard!

Edit: Did anyone actually try installing the "rooted only" version on their non-rooted phone? Cause I just did and it worked fine! I get the user dictionary and everything, and its QWERTY. Just only install the apk (just like any other apk you would install) Here's a link to make things easy:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7q0406gqazq8rer

Upvote 0
I'm waiting as well. I remember the Droid X keyboard being available with 2.1, and that's probably the version thats FCing on you. That QWERTZ keyboard is awesome, if only it weren't QWERTZ..... I might finally have an acceptable replacement for the default keyboard!
I did a google search and found a link to one that specifically says for Froyo, but it does not work either. (sigh) still waiting. I also don't want a QWERTZ layout.

Upvote 0
I tried it directly from the link you provided, but it did not work either. Once i download it, i hook the phone up to the computer and trransfer the file. I then open it with Astro File MAnager, and it shows that it is installed, but evrytime i try to open it, i get a force close message. I do have the box checked for multi touch keyboard.

Upvote 0
I tried it directly from the link you provided, but it did not work either. Once i download it, i hook the phone up to the computer and trransfer the file. I then open it with Astro File MAnager, and it shows that it is installed, but evrytime i try to open it, i get a force close message. I do have the box checked for multi touch keyboard.

It just worked for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones