droid x leaked 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. lilcal70

lilcal70 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i installed the leaked froyo& i'm pretty impressed with it..internet is reallly fast and flash works great .. there are some bugs & i was wondering when the official froyo comes out will i still be able to get the official version? i can deal with the leaked bugs for now but i want the real deal when it's available..please answer& thanks in advance for your help :)

Advertisement
  2. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

there is really no way to be 100% sure. if, by chance, we dont get it, you can always flash it back with the SBF and get it. if you still cant get it back after flashing back, you will be able to get it at the verizon stores.
    they just pushed out an RSD recovery tool, capable of recovering phones in a bootloop, and pushing 2.2 to phones that didnt get it like they were supposed to.

lilcal70 likes this.
  4. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

My guess is you'll have to take in to a Vorizon store and use a recovery tool. The reason is when you check for updates, it will see that you already have 2.2. This is just a supposition on my part, we have no way of knowing for sure.

Best of luck,

lilcal70 likes this.
  5. lilcal70

so no matter what I'll be able to get the official even if I have to have verizon do it? thanks I feel much batter

6. DrWurm

DrWurm Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody developed a workaround for having to go back to 2.1. Either by releasing a root app to trick the phone into updating or just by offering the official update file and doing the same thing we did yesterday.

lilcal70 likes this.
  7. lilcal70

that'd be cool to..it's nice to have this while waiting for the official though