Droid X Live Wallpaper

Last Updated:

1. wabbitt1970

wabbitt1970 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

Since my other wallpapers have been doing so well on the market, I've made a free one called 'Droid X Live Wallpaper".

I've only just uploaded it to the market, and as usual, I'd really love any feedback.

I'm going to be adding lots more to this paper over the next while, but just as a teaser, I'll be adding a lot of options, extra eye candy effects, and some freaky stuff

At some point I may put a donate version up too, but as it stands it's nothing more than a free wallpaper. It's not listing in AppBrain at the moment but I'll add the link later when it gets picked up by their bots.

Hope you enjoy

Advertisement
  2. wabbitt1970

Whoops.. me bad.. Attaching a screen shot now.

Attached Files:

3. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Are your Wallpapers free on the market?

What source material do you use?

4. wabbitt1970

Some are free (i.e. this one).

Source materials? Do you mean the photo's in some papers? I use images purchased from stock libraries, or if they don't exist I draw them myself in photoshop.

If you mean code, I start from scratch and do it myself too. Obviously I started with the basics a while ago, but it gets to the point where you can do it yourself.

5. wabbitt1970

I'm getting some great comments on the app on the market. Please note peeps that I will be massively working on this paper over the next few weeks. Lots of options including custom backgrounds (i.e. you choose them), etc.

I literally thought about this paper on the weekend and wrote it today so it's in complete infancy. If you put bad comments on the market, people will avoid it.

I'm busy drawing the moving eye in photoshop right now so it shouldn't be too long before I have that included (hopefully this weekend girlfriend allowing lol)

Good reception so far overall though ha :)

6. wabbitt1970

I've upgraded the live wallpaper.

You can now add your own custom background.

I've also added the Droid eye which will follow you around the wallpaper when you touch it. Options of various eye colors to match your theme.

I'm gonna add more over the next few weeks. I'll see how this version goes down first :)

Edit: Whoops... fixed a stupid FC error... me bad again!!

7. wabbitt1970

Hi,

There's a few people with Evo's having problems loading this wallpaper.

It's down to the fact that an Evo has very little virtual memory and trying to set large images (i.e. from your camera) as the background was quickly exceeding the budget set.

I've installed some code which hopefully deals with this issue. If there are any Evo users that read this I'd appreciate your help in seeing if the new version works and report any errors you get here.

I'm keen to get this working for everyone :)

Many thanks,
    Dean

8. wabbitt1970

Pro Version now released for an introductory offer of only

Attached Files:

9. wabbitt1970

Please guys... I need your feedback to make this better or more what you guys want. I've tried to ask but it's so quiet here.

10. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

#1 it has barely been a week since you posted this.
    #2 most people don't use live wall papers
    #3 when most people go to themes they are looking for full loaded themes for their ROMs or icon/color changes.

Not just live wallpaper changes. I DL'd one of these just to check it out. It's cool, but too much going on for the free version at least IMO. Good ideas but the other live wall papers (if people are using them) either don't have as much going on or are completely free. Live wallpapers I do not think are high on the list of things I am going to use to customize my droids. Apps, widgets, icons, themes, and everything like that goes before thinking about a live wallpaper.

Just my $.02

11. wabbitt1970

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

1. The reason I posted was I was getting quite a few one liner feedbacks in the market and wanted more detailed explanations in the first week. I've created a website and people are emailing me direct now.

2. Over 6000 downloads in the first week disputes that.

3. the pro version I'm developing is as a direct result of the feedback so quite a few people are using live wallpapers to customise their phones. You can go as much over the top or really subtle I guess. Personally I don't like static boring wallpapers although I do understand that is what quite a few people like.

Thanks for the feedback though. As I mentioned I've got another method for getting feedback. Just thought this was an open forum and hoped to get better input than I'd gotten. Not to worry... onwards and upwards :)

12. kichoufumetsu

kichoufumetsu Member

any chance this'll run on my cliq with the rooted 2.1?

13. kirkmccain

kirkmccain New Member

That was a great achievement in your part wabbitt keep up the good work.

14. wabbitt1970

Give it a try. If the free version works then there is no reason the Pro won't work either. :)

Cheers for that :)
    The free version was hovering around page two on Hot Themes over at Appbrain which felt good. It's dropped again now, but hey... I was happy for a couple of days.

15. kichoufumetsu

kichoufumetsu Member

any idea why, on the wallpaper selection screen, it says "Loading live wallpaper..." and i never see it? i even tried just saying "screw it" and set it as wallpaper anyway, gave me plain black wallpaper. any ideas? this looks REALLY good, and i'd love to have it working.

16. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

what is the name of the app called with the moving eye and will i have a problem with using it on my Captivate ?

17. wabbitt1970

That's weird. I'll have a look at that. You should only see that message when you restart your phone. Otherwise it should just start with your last settings.

I'll definitely have a look this afternoon though. Have you tried to set any custom backgrounds, etc. or are you just running with all the stock images that comes as default?

Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciated.

18. wabbitt1970

There's two.

The free one is Droid X Live Wallpaper
    The paid one is Droid X LWP Pro

Try the free one and if that works the Pro should work too (as long as I figure out kichoufumetsu's issue)

19. Genisis

Genisis Member

Hey Wabbitt, IMHO I think that the free live version is very cool! Keep up the good work and thanks for the free version.

wabbitt1970 likes this.