Droid X locked up during text inputSupport

Last Updated:

1. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Was typing an address into browser today, and had one number left when the X just locked up. I mean hard lock. Didn't respond to touch or the power button or home button. Finally had to pull the battery and power it back on. No issue since then, but with Moto's Razr and V60 screen issues, I'm hoping this won't be a problem.

Anyone else had this issue?

Advertisement
  2. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member

My wife's BB Storm1 locks up like that every few minutes, no joke. I just got her a DX to replace that p-o-s. I hope it doesn't end up with the same issues or I'll be sleeping on the couch for a year. :(

3. Agfox

Agfox Active Member

I've had one complete lockup typing in a contact in a new mail message. Yanked the battery to reset. Hasn't happened again yet.

4. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Mine locked up while I was texting right after I was left the store, but I was driving and couldn't do a thing about it. Next time I checked it had unlocked (maybe a minute or two?) and has been screaming fast ever since.

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Yeah my storm locked up too. Hoping this is a one time thing.

6. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

I had this just happen to me while I was texting with Swype. Just did a reboot.

7. natrixgli

natrixgli Active Member

I had a similar experience with Swype. Was trying it out in the sticky note widget and suddenly the notification LED started flashing blue and the phone kept vibrating over and over. I was able to switch to some already running apps, but could not get to the home screen or reboot. Held the power button for a few seconds until it shut off.

Too bad, I was just getting the hang of Swype.

8. shotgunn81

shotgunn81 Active Member

yup, i've had lock ups. not major ones like the ones you guys are describing. when typing in landscape mode the screen locks up and doesn't respond for about 15 seconds... it's happened to me a few times.... worried

9. Mine has froze 6 times. All while texting. Im going to swap it tomorrow, or at least order a new one.