• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X. Model Version A854.. Update Problem. Really need help!

I have a very old droid X. around 2 years old now and i have gotten an iphone since then... I have changed service and no longer use verizon which is the service of the droid. Well used to be. I gave my son the phone to use as an ipod touch kind of thing. Almost like an android Ipod touch, i guess. I tried to update the phone for him and found out, it won't update. It say's cannot connect to the server.. I was wondering why this happens? I talked to a motorola person and they said it should be working with wifi, but i have tried everything to get it to work. Does anyone have any idea why the phone won't update. P.s. the phone is stuck on the Eclair version. So no google play market!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones