Droid X Music Sync Issues----PLEASE ASSISTSupport

Last Updated:

1. ask4about2me

ask4about2me New Member This Topic's Starter

I did not see a related thread on the "Similar Thread" suggestions as I have a Droid X and have never had an issue with syncing my music to my first Motorola Droid. Anyways,here is the background. I'm running Windows XP,trying to pull music from Windows Media Player to my Droid X.
    The Problem- Everytime I plug my X into my computer, "Dell Webcam Center" immediately opens up. When I close this and go to the control panel,my computer is recognizing my X as only a camera. Windows Media Player will not recognize any device being connected in the sync menu. I am confused and angry, Someone please help this. Thank You!

Advertisement
  2. Selbyq

Selbyq New Member

I'm having nearly the exact same problem. I'm on an Acer and not a Dell but still Windows Media Player is only recognizing the camera on my droid. My work computer has Windows 7 and sees the droid x correctly with music player and all.
    My home machine has Windows Xp and only sees the camera. is there a fix for XP or a driver?

3. Bean Counter

Bean Counter New Member

I also am having that exact same problem. I even bought the book "Droid X for Dummies" and not luck. I guess it's a bit advance for me! duh1?

4. Bean Counter

Bean Counter New Member

Ok, I just spoke to a Verizon tech and here is what we did and it worked. Plug your USB into the computer then plug your usb into your phone.
    On the top of the phone screen you will see where you do a pull down and is asks you what king of connection - Use the Mass Storage connection and not the Media connection. Close the message on your computer screen about the Droid be recognized as a phone. You should have another message that ask you what you want to do with the mass storage device the computer now recognizes. Choose open files to view and you will see the Droids folders on your SD card in the phone.

You could either move music files over at this point by dragging from your computer music folders - or as I did you can now open your Microsoft Media center and it should recognize your Andoid. Hope this helped and good luck.