Droid X n00b needs Calendar HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. HookerBootz

HookerBootz Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so this is my second day with my Droid X. Left my iphone 4 and I'm loving the freedom this phone has been giving me. Still customizing it and its so fun.

Well I have it running on LauncherPro Plus. And I tried using its calendar widget but when I go the agenda little screen and hit the plus button it wont let me add an event. Also I wanted to use the stock calendar, but it says it needs to sync to a calendar first.

I know it needs to sync to my Google Calendar, but HOW? I looked some stuff up on google but it wasnt too clear, also I use a mac...so please i need some help here from the masters here. Once I got these done the phone will be perfect!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

no master's help necessary :)

It's a simple issue. The calendar syncs with your google account. Go to settings>accounts>add account>google.

type in your google account info and your phone will sync your google mail and calendar info.

Now in settings>accounts select google and make sure you have calendar, email and contacts set to sync.

You're golden!

PS: I need to move this to the support section for you but I'll leave a long redirect, as you're new here. :)

Welcome! :D

3. HookerBootz

HookerBootz Member This Topic's Starter

Ah man that was actually really simple haha man i feel like a dork, thanks so much for your help. this phone is finally perfect!

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

haha!!!! EnJOY!!!! :D Keep asking questions. :)

5. greendj27

greendj27 New Member

I'm having a similar issue, but when I go to my google account, it only has email and contacts listed. There is no calendar listed. I can't figure out how to get it to find one.

Edit: Added a 2nd, dummy gmail account and it suddenly found the first accounts calendar.

6. calypso

calypso New Member

greendj27 said:

I'm having a similar issue, but when I go to my google account, it only has email and contacts listed. There is no calendar listed. I can't figure out how to get it to find one.

Edit: Added a 2nd, dummy gmail account and it suddenly found the first accounts calendar.

I'm having the exact same problem, with a twist. I just bought two new droidX's and programmed both to sync with gmail account at home. In the google account on my wife's phone, email, contacts and calendar are all listed. On my phone, only email and contacts show up. Following greendj27's lead, I created a new gmail account and it too will only show email and contacts - no calendar. It appears to be unique to my phone.

Does anyone out there have a suggested course for me? Thanks and Happy New Year!

7. calypso

calypso New Member

Well, after letting it sit an hour or so (possibly through a sync cycle?), my calendar showed up on my original gmail account - - just like greendj27 said it would.

Thanks pardner!:rolleyes:

8. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

my brother is actually running into the exact same issue with his brand new X.... my X has worked perfectly with no problems every time but his does not even have the calendar as an option to check under his google account... I told him to let it sit for a while (though he has had the phone on for a few hours now) and see what happens.