• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help droid x not recognized by laptop

skorpeo

Lurker
Oct 24, 2010
This is weird. My wife and I both have droid x's purchased same day. I connected my wifes X to my laptop, the laptap goes through the install process and tells me that I'm missing a driver. I also notice that the X is charging. I disconnected it and connected my X and nothing. No charge no attempt to install. I have the debugg checked on both X's. Why will it atleast charge on one X and not the other? What do I need to do to my X. I also touched the usb icon on my X and tried each option and nothing either. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the Android Forums!

This potentially sounds like there might be a physical issue with the second phone. It's also possible, however, that the second phone is set into a different mode. The next time you try plugging each of the phones into a computer, pull down the notification bar and see what mode their set for. It almost makes me wonder whether or not the two phones might be set in different modes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones