Droid X not showing proper locationSupport

Last Updated:

1. chinoxl21

chinoxl21 Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone having a problem with their Droid X not showing the right location, such as in Beautiful Widgets? It recently started a few weeks ago. If I try to use the Navigation, when it looks for the GPS satellite, it shows me at the wrong location, but then it refreshes and puts me in the right location. Is there some type of setting that may need to be changed? It's very annoying seeing the weather location being in the wrong city. Any ideas what could be wrong? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Is it way off? or showing the city over? Make sure all three types of GPS are enabled. And with BW you can select force GPS and that will probably give you a better reading. I haven't had a problem with that though.

3. chinoxl21

chinoxl21 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks. That seemed to work. It was just odd that I didn't have to do that before....

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

No problem man glad I could be of assistance!!

5. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

i had a problem like this and realized somehow a default location was typed into my location. as soon as i cleared this it was better.

also, you need to calibrate your compass periodically and that will make a difference too.

one other thing is that if you are inside you can only get an approximate location, gps requires an unobstructed view of the sky to access satellites...inside you are triangulated by the nearest cell towers, thats where the aGPS comes in handy