Droid X & Open Table

Last Updated:

1. crazyzete

crazyzete Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was playing with the Droid X in the Verizon Store today and I try a few of the typical sites/apps that I like to use. I downloaded the Open Table app to the Droid X and tried to use it in the Verizon Store. On the screen after you select your current locatoin, where you can search for restaurant by data/time, I noticed that I could not read the text boxes that had the date, time, and number of people in my party. It appeared to have a red background to the text field and dark text over it.

Surprised, I walked over to an HTC Incredible and downloaded the same app. On the HTC Incredible, the same text boxes are a white background with dark text and easy to read.

Does anyone out there now own the Droid X and have you (or can you) try the Open Table application and let me know if you are seeing the same thing? If so, is there a color setting in the Droid X to change this? I did not buy the phone yet because I want to make sure there aren't any major software problems with it. I would think that to not render apps correctly as other android devices do could be a serious issue...anyone else??

Advertisement
  2. crazyzete

bump

3. sakmaster

sakmaster Active Member

Yes the Droid X does seem to have a different color scheme in Apps. The defualt white buttons are black you can see them here:

YouTube - Droid X benchmark tests

If you look at the first benchmark program the buttons on the Droid X are different than the Evo and N1. Black text on those would probably be un-readable on the X.

I'm hoping moto fixes it in a software update, or maybe devs can update their apps. Sort of weird.

Also:
    Loading bar on EVO is green, red on Droid X, and yellow on the N1... from the second benchmark.

4. crazyzete

thanks for the verification. Does anyone know if the colors are configurable? I'd hate to spend all of that money on a Droid X and find out that apps just don't work the way they do on other phones. It would be nice if moto fixes the issue....i'm sure there are other apps that are impacted and if developers have to customize their apps and color scheme for each specific phone, they probably will stop making android apps in favor of the iPhone and other more standardized platforms.