1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Droid X or Samsung Galaxy?

1. Tacomajt

Tacomajt New Member

Hello Android Forum-
    As a Verizon customer, I am ready to do an early upgrade to an Android phone. Based on specs and my needs, I have it narrowed down to the Droid X and the Samsung Galaxy. My concern is both have been out for almost a year, (July 2010). Per the Verizon rules :)mad:), I will have to keep my new phone for 2 years, which means both the Droid X and Galaxy will be nearly 3 years old by that time.

I ruled out the HTC Thunderbolt due to poor reviews on the battery. Should I reconsider? Will the new Motorola phone (Bionic?) coming out this year rival the Thunderbolt but with better battery life? Thoughts or recommendations? Any input appreciated!

Advertisement
    :
  2. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

The Thunderbolt isn't as bad as everyone says battery wise. You just need to adjust some settings to make sure it isn't updating 5 widgets every ten minutes. I would read the thunderbolt boards for more information. If you can stand the price, the Samsung Droid Charge will be out soon as well and has a much improved screen over the Fascinate. Rumors are now that the Bionic is cancelled because the Tegra CPU/GPU did not work right with LTE.
  3. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

I don't have battery issues on my bolt either.
    WELL.... I did but I was playing with the thing every waking minute :D

I am getting 18-24h on a charge now, and for most people I bet that's just fine.

If you plan on installing custom roms, be aware that the Droid X is limited in that department.
    The roms out there are good, don't get me wrong... but the ones out for the bolt are much better IMHO.

The Bionic is a blank slate... we have no idea but one thing is for certain.. locked bootloader.
  4. olskool

olskool Well-Known Member

For now I suggest just buy a good used X and add data plan if u don’t already have 1.
    With the competition wars going on and all u may want to wait for a better deal.
    I luv my X!!!
  5. starflyr

starflyr Well-Known Member

get a used fascinate, awesome screen strong processor and very customizable. make it what you want, and when the new hotness is out you can use your update for that ;)