DROID X ORDER over the phonee

Last Updated:

1. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Talking to a CS online from VZW and she told me that the droid X retail is 569.99. And she was about to put the order through for me and then i asked about how long it would take to ship. She just told me if i order right now over the phone it wont ship till august the 3rd because its on backorder. ONLY problem is that i brought up the incredible saying isnt that one on backorder, but she said the droid X is also on backorder. She just put me on hold... Guess she's checking with her supervisor

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

omg Kenny. Are you trying to kill me?

3. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

Still on hold?? I want to call in and see if I get someone nice who wants to sell a DX!

4. kennyyu

OMG i just got off the phone with her... She insists that she's not talking about the incredible, but she said that the preorder (droidx) started the end of last month, which i think she means the end of april (which was the incredible) and that it will ship out 8/4 which on the vzw site says the incredible is shipping out. BUTTTTT she INSISTS that its the DROID X. IDK what to believe. should i try calling again? lol

5. kennyyu

but the big problem i see is that she said retail is 569.99 but the inc retail is 529.99 WTH is going on?!?!?!

6. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

Haha... CALM DOWN... Call back and see what happens. It's very likely that she was just confused.

7. kennyyu

calling now. the lady sounds similar to the last one. Not sure if its the same one so i feel kind of awkward. Hopefully they're different and she doesnt write a note on my account saying i'm a annoying dude and do not help lol

8. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

Ask her who it will be shitting out of...?:D

jroc and Bonez like this.
  9. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

When I was calling for my Incredible I spoke with so many people I started writing down there names. =P

10. kennyyu

Wow this lady told me they're on back order too. FML.. this BB8330 is gonna be the death of me. At least wen i had the incredible i could go online when the office was slow. But now with 8330 i just sit down doing nothing

11. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

Wow... ironic. Sounds like you left your incredible and went back to a curve too. MAJOR step backwards.

12. genxgeek

genxgeek Well-Known Member

I think you keep getting "special" csr's. How can a phone that technically can not even be ordered yet be on back order? Their system may say it's on back order until the release???? that's just a guess tho

13. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

Keep me updated cause I might just call VZW and see if it's avaliable. What I don't get us how can it be back ordered if they haven't had any preorders for it. Maybe I'm going crazy but I distinctly remember no preorders.

14. kennyyu

WOWWW the first CS rep just called me back from some 813 number. Started off saying my name and stuff . Her name is lashawn. she tried to play around with me wen i asked who this is saying that she's the love of my life. I was just speechless thinking what the hell is going on. Then she says she's from vzw calline me back. She was wondering how she was suppose to order a phone that wasnt available yet so she asked around i guess. So the basic message was she wanted to tell me that i can go into stores on july 15 and get it. Basically took me on an emotional rollercoaster to take me back to the information we all had before i even posted this

15. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

If you didn't have a blood pressure problem this morning, I'll bet you do now :p

16. memillh

memillh Well-Known Member

Unless the phone / online inventory has already been alloted to those DInc folks who requested a swap. That would truly suck. Per some of the headlines within the last hour, it appears some of those X's are being delivered today.

Here's a Fedex number for one that was delivered today, highlighted over on DroidLife: 431380152430

It's still speculation, but why else are these random units being delivered today? Could be that Twitter thing too, but I hope they're not giving away the whole inventory!

17. kennyyu

for reall

18. sox08

sox08 Well-Known Member

19. genxgeek

genxgeek Well-Known Member

I read about this @ HoFo and they have a link to another forums' thread. It seems to have been a mistake that they were ordered and shipped. Kinda annoying really. If they have them to ship then why are we waiting? I guess it's not much longer tho

20. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I think she was just confused $569 sounds about right for full retail i think she meant that the inc is on backorder seeing how verizon never took preorders for the X

21. Bonez

Bonez Well-Known Member

I had a mouth full of mouth wash and almost spit it out all over my monitor and keyboard after I read that!!! :D

Too funny. Thanks for the laugh. ;)

22. kentl901

kentl901 Well-Known Member

Tried to order the phone by calling sales.

The rep said he can take down my info and run a credit check. If it checks out VZ can ship it to me on the 15th.

Then I told them I'm actually a customer and looking to upgrade...the rep told me to call back on the 15th.

23. kennyyu

Lol mebbe i shouldnt of edited it out. I got a laugh out of it after too

24. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Wait wait... what's going on here? lol

Has the MSRP been discovered?

25. kennyyu

msrp is $569.99
    Double checked when she gave me a call back