Droid X Ordering Online

Last Updated:

1. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really want to order my Droid X online and get the instant rebate plus not have to go our and deal with the chance of not getting one (because I'm not willing to camp out). Does VZW allocate a certain number of devices for online orders, and does anyone have an idea on when it will first appear on their website (midnight, 7:00 AM on the 15th, etc..). I really want to skip the hassle and just order online however I don't want to hit a backorder that will put me getting the phone months away.

Advertisement
  2. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member

All of the questions you asked are EXACTLY the things I've been wondering as well. I don't feel like having to dick around with Best Buy or a mail-in rebate, so ordering it online is the prime option for me (even if I get it the next day). I also would like to know how sure I'll be to get a device if I order it minutes after it is put on the website, and what time people think they'll have it up.

+1

3. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I've spoken to a rep for a couple of weeks off and on regarding my account and questions regarding the X. She informed me that due to the increasing popularity over the phone, CSRs have been informed to arrive earlier on Thursday to start taking orders at 9am. Just like in-store appointments, you can call and request a callback at which time you can order the phone through a CSR.

4. PurePursuit

Jubba, so are you suggesting placing the order for the phone via a phone call to CSR would be our best bet to ensure we receive an X? I have no problem calling at 9:00 AM sharp and doing that, but if its not going to give me any advantage over ordering online then i'll just refresh verizonwireless.com until it pops up and place my order :)

5. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

She is correct I have a 9AM call slotted for the 15th for my X, they will call you back and if they don't call back and tell the other CSR that you weren't called back and they should help you above and beyond. :)

6. PurePursuit

Is there a chance it may appear online before 9:00 AM on the 15th? How about if I order it online and then call in at 9:00 AM :)

7. lilRikki

lilRikki Well-Known Member

I don't know how this will work with the X, but I do know from prior experiences (most recently with my cancelled Incredible order) that the instant rebate is ONLY available online or with a third-party vendor such as Best Buy. Which means that if you ordered over the phone you still had to deal with the MIR.

Just a heads-up that you may want to double check this if you plan on ordering over the phone and want to avoid the MIR.

8. jweber

jweber Active Member

I think you'll be fine ordering it anytime in the morning on the 15th. there is no way that 100k people will be staying up until 3am est to place an order. Verizon wants to make sure phones are being sold on launch day which is why there are no pre orders so I don't really expect that phone up before then.

I get up around 6:30am for work and if there up I will grab 2 X's and get my NE2 $100 credit, and let my 2 pre orders at best buy go to someone who didn't plan ahead.

9. PurePursuit

What about placing the order online and calling in to confirm receipt and that it will ship out same day? Also I'm a night owl so I will most likely be up till 3:00 AM and checking to see if its online.