• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root droid x overclock noob

SLIDEWAYS

Dec 10, 2009
Ok ill just go ahead and say it im an overclocking noob
But I decided to root and oc my droid x (mostly because a friend got a galaxy s phone so I had to make sure my dx us better)
well on quadrant stock my dx was usually in the high 1200's to the very low 1400's (like 1430max) well using setvsel at 1300mhz my best score so far is 1788
But my main question is I saw major lag and freezing if I tried to clock higher than 1325mhz and also the threshold is at 59% (that's what gave me the best performance at 1200mhz but its a complete guess as I don't know what it does?)
My current settings on setvsel is as follows

33-vsel1@300mhz
48-vsel2@600mhz
58-vsel3@800mhz
71-vsel4@1300mhz
Threshold 59%

Is this where they should be?

Ok ill just go ahead and say it im an overclocking noob
But I decided to root and oc my droid x (mostly because a friend got a galaxy s phone so I had to make sure my dx us better)
well on quadrant stock my dx was usually in the high 1200's to the very low 1400's (like 1430max) well using setvsel at 1300mhz my best score so far is 1788
But my main question is I saw major lag and freezing if I tried to clock higher than 1325mhz and also the threshold is at 59% (that's what gave me the best performance at 1200mhz but its a complete guess as I don't know what it does?)
My current settings on setvsel is as follows

33-vsel1@300mhz
48-vsel2@600mhz
58-vsel3@800mhz
71-vsel4@1300mhz
Threshold 59%

Is this where they should be?
To be honest it is not set in stone as to where your oc numbers should be at ...different devices handle different settings to oc differently ....for example my x can't go over 1.15ghz on any frequency setting while others can achieve 1.35!....so experiment with each voltage and settings and see what's stable or unstable for you and go from there ....if your getting reboots or what not change voltage , once you go through all the frequency settings for that voltage change it up or down and find what works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones